Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Company cancelled my card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Company cancelled my card

I have been having my Amex Card for 5 years. They cancelled my card without notifying me. Can they do it? This is one of the first cards i opened. Is there anything i can do to re activate this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Company cancelled my card

some companies will eventually close a card if it's not used , I've never wantted an AMEX, but I've rumors that some people reporting that when they got a new card after having a closed one that they baxk dated the open date to that of the orignal account, I want to stress this is just a rumor I've heard.
Message 2 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Have you used the card regularly?

Has something dramatic happened to your Credit Score?

Have you called Amex and asked them for an explanation?

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 12-16-2007 01:27 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have been using your Amex, how were your payments?  Were you making mins?  Did you app for a few lately?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using it regularly. In fact my score watch was purchased with that card. I regularly use it , i just did a balance transfer to a new card. I never missed a payment on it, i have just finished paying off the balance. The explanation they gave me was that i had delinquencies on other cards. But that was like 3 yrs ago. So i am completely clueless.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been using it regularly. In fact my score watch was purchased with that card. I regularly use it , i just did a balance transfer to a new card. I never missed a payment on it, i have just finished paying off the balance. The explanation they gave me was that i had delinquencies on other cards. But that was like 3 yrs ago. So i am completely clueless.

How odd...

I've had a cc closed by the CCC before, but only because i forgot i had it and didn't use it for 24 months...could it have to with a change in your CR possibly? Sorry again to hear this happened...
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chalk anothr one up to Amex weirdness.  By chance are both balances showing from your recent BT?  The balance on he old card and the new one? I only ask cause it could look like high utilization though temporary.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

kmantrav wrote:

Call them and recon. Are you sure it is closed rather than suspended? I have heard of suspensions and freezes on this board, but only closures (this is through other CCC's) when there is no inactivity.

Let us know.

Was the BT to another card making it appear maxed out?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.