Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Dispute Question

tag
kats_rebuild
Contributor

Credit Card Dispute Question

So I have an open dispute with Air Serbia on my Capital One Quicksilver card. Things are basically being resolved.

Back in September, Air Serbia charged my credit card 379 Euros which at the time of charge was roughly 491 dollars. The flight was a refundable ticket and 30 days later I'm still trying to get it worked out. Air Serbia is willing to refund the amount in full but at this point that only equates to $484, the dollar has been on a 3 week slide. I know its not a lot of money but am I then liable for the difference? I feel that since they agreed to refund the amount in full I shouldn't be liable for anything. I normally wouldn't care but the original charge was put through 3 times on the card, so I will owe the exchange difference 3 times on a purchase that should be refunded in full.

Should I try and explain all this to Cap One or just deal with the charges? Does anyone know how this works with a foreign transaction?

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Dispute Question

You can always try. Since the amount is so small they would credit to you. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 2 of 3
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Dispute Question

If you were charged in Euros then you will most likely be refunded in Euros. I don't know about them specifically but the business I work for, we charge in US dollars (we have lots of customers in the UK) and we can only refund the same way and only the maximum amount of the charge. We can't refund anything additional. You could try issuing a dispute but it'd be up to Capital One to refund you the difference with the exchange rate as charging it back will get you no where as once the money is refunded, you will lose the chargeback as it's invalid. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.