Did you mean: 

Credit Card Gameplan

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Card Gameplan

@TheFate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry yes groceries. In the above combo you use the Cash+ for restaurants. 

I think the combination of those cards is one of the best for "low spenders"

I'd personally go with a Chase freedom over the Fidellity... or even the Amex Blue Cash

Also Isn't Sallie Mae's 5% amazon only for books?

from what i have read i think most amazon purchases count as book store. In my opinion if you are just going to apply for two: fidelity amex + sallie mae is good enough. You can throw in cash+ for restaurants but don't know if its necessary.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Gameplan

@mongstradamus wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry yes groceries. In the above combo you use the Cash+ for restaurants. 

I think the combination of those cards is one of the best for "low spenders"

I'd personally go with a Chase freedom over the Fidellity... or even the Amex Blue Cash

Also Isn't Sallie Mae's 5% amazon only for books?

from what i have read i think most amazon purchases count as book store. In my opinion if you are just going to apply for two: fidelity amex + sallie mae is good enough. You can throw in cash+ for restaurants but don't know if its necessary.

I would agree with this. Plus the Cash+ is definitely the hardest to get in that bunch.

However, it is worth considering if you eat out a lot. Because you get a $25 bonus the first time you redeem $100+ per year, essentially the first $2000 in category purchases with the Cash+ are worth 6.25% cashback. That's not as good as the Cash+ used to be, but still pretty nice for a card with no annual fee. It's annoying that they have restaurants and fast food as two different categories (and sometimes things that are clearly restaurant code as fast food, and vice versa). 

BTW I think cards that list bookstore as a category (Basically Sallie Mae, Cash+ and Forward) usually give category bonus for all amazon purchases, because that is how amazon.com codes everything. Amazon payment though does not count. In my experience Amazon Marketplace is a YMMV but usually gives the bonus 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.