cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Help!!! Advice Please!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a suggestionRe: Credit Card Help!!! Advice Please!!!!

Just a suggestion!  Wait for about four to six months after you have obtained the mortage before applying for any card.  This will allow equity, no matter how small to build, and kinda tells your creditors (prospective) that you are applying for credit as a backup plan and not out of necessity!

Message 11 of 12
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Just a suggestionRe: Credit Card Help!!! Advice Please!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a suggestion!  Wait for about four to six months after you have obtained the mortage before applying for any card.  This will allow equity, no matter how small to build, and kinda tells your creditors (prospective) that you are applying for credit as a backup plan and not out of necessity!

Certainly not a bad idea, but I don't think it's really necessary.  I apped for a couple 0% intro APR cards right after closing to put some house expenses on.  I don't think it's had any negative effect other than what is to be expected, i.e., lowering of AAoA, ding for an inquiry, etc.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.