guardsman54672

Just a suggestionRe: Credit Card Help!!! Advice Please!!!!

Just a suggestion!  Wait for about four to six months after you have obtained the mortage before applying for any card.  This will allow equity, no matter how small to build, and kinda tells your creditors (prospective) that you are applying for credit as a backup plan and not out of necessity!

Senior Contributor
Walt_K

Re: Just a suggestionRe: Credit Card Help!!! Advice Please!!!!

guardsman54672 wrote:

Just a suggestion!  Wait for about four to six months after you have obtained the mortage before applying for any card.  This will allow equity, no matter how small to build, and kinda tells your creditors (prospective) that you are applying for credit as a backup plan and not out of necessity!

Certainly not a bad idea, but I don't think it's really necessary.  I apped for a couple 0% intro APR cards right after closing to put some house expenses on.  I don't think it's had any negative effect other than what is to be expected, i.e., lowering of AAoA, ding for an inquiry, etc.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}