Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Limits with 40-50K Income

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Limits with 40-50K Income

@Anonymous wrote:
Two income household can easily incur 4K plus monthly expense.

Are we still talking about credit cards?

Message 31 of 39
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Two income household can easily incur 4K plus monthly expense.

Yeah but a two household income will be more than 50,000 too.

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are well ahead of where I was at your age! I started at 19 as well but only had two cards and didn't know much about what I was doing so good job! Luckily I always paid on time so it has certainly helped in the long run. 

I didn't start paying attention to CLIs until last year - would have been 25 - and my income was near that range - around $60k. Definitely work on your Amex, went from $9k SL to $25k within 8 months I believe. Cap1 was also rather generous, went from $750 to $8k in six months after not using it for 5 years. Hope they do the same in the future. 

Message 33 of 39
Involver
Valued Contributor

The income that I include on CC apps is close to that range and I have two 30k cards and several more in the 20s.
Message 34 of 39
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I'm only a bit above that range and Amex just upped my Blue Cash Preferred to $25,000 (I also have a Delta card with them with a limit of $8100).

2nd largest limit/lender is NFCU with a Platinum limit of $17,300.

3rd largest is Discover with $12,200.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got all of my cards with a $32,500 income.

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Why?

Everyones needs are different. Thats like saying no one needs a car better than a Yugo.

Yugos are cool!

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make more than the minimum on that 4k tv & get it to about half the balance & that should work.  I did the same with some lighting for 9k & paid it down to half & got my Venture a couple of week ago.  

Message 38 of 39
bluediamond63
Valued Member

All of my cards with limits on rollover are in sig but I'm single and my gross is about $42k and have $25k on my BCP, $15k on my Citi Dividend, $14,700 on my Total Rewards and the list goes down from there. I also have scores in the 800 average range so thats helped with my limits and CLIs

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.