Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Not Showing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Not Showing

I am working on rebuilding my credit after a financial setback 4 years ago.  I have a credit card, and pay it off every month.  I also have a credit card for a home improvement store that I used when I moved into a house with my husband.  We have been paying it on time and the % of credit I am using is low compared to the amount of available credit.  This should be helping my score and could boost me over the 700 range, but it doesn't show up on my TransUnion score, but only on my Equifax credit report.  Any ideas?  Can I request that it be added to a report?  Any advice is welcome.  Thank you.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Not Showing

You can request them to report it to TU but they are under no obligation to do so, it is at their discretion.  I have several accounts that only report to one or two agencies.  In the long run it all averages out.  Unless you really need that to report to TU I wouldn't sweat it.
Message 2 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am working on rebuilding my credit after a financial setback 4 years ago.  I have a credit card, and pay it off every month.  I also have a credit card for a home improvement store that I used when I moved into a house with my husband.  We have been paying it on time and the % of credit I am using is low compared to the amount of available credit.  This should be helping my score and could boost me over the 700 range, but it doesn't show up on my TransUnion score, but only on my Equifax credit report.  Any ideas?  Can I request that it be added to a report?  Any advice is welcome.  Thank you.

Welcome to the forums!

People here are pretty well versed on how various cards report. Which card is it?

Message 3 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

It can take up to 3 billings cycles for new tradelines to appear on one's credit reports.  After the creditor submit the information, it can take some additional time for each CRA to update one's file with the new tradeline.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue with an authorized user card and it does not show up on my credit.  any suggestions on how to add it myself?  the primary holder called the credit card company and the said they report 5 days after billing cycle.
Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the same issue with an authorized user card and it does not show up on my credit.  any suggestions on how to add it myself?  the primary holder called the credit card company and the said they report 5 days after billing cycle.

Welcome to the forums.

Not every CCC will report an AU. Have you checked to see if this one will? Which CCC is it?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.