Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Observation!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Observation!

It's funny to me how some people can get denied for CC with 2 inquires an others get approved they may have more then 10 inquiries.

Do you you all think CC have a quota to meet when in comes to approval. I  mean by quota some people might slim by an get approved to meet quota?

Sometime i also think in some cases there are computer glitches since allot these approval or denials i being decided by a computer which i feel is plan stupid if you ask me cause computer systems breaks down also.

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS PEOPLE.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Observation!

To ad to this i remember apply for some card can't remember which i was denied instantly called for a recon i was told they can't overweight the computer decision i'm like i can't believe this. Now that i think about it Capital One told me this.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There may be some truth to that, but I think the larger factors are, was the person boderline in score, current debt carried, and income before they look at the inquiries or not?

Though we have heard of a few cases of people in a very good credit category being denied for inquiries, we haven't  heard of too many 770+ scored people being denied. I think inquiries is just an easy excuse someone can use if you are borderline. It is tangible and requires much less explanation than giving 3-5 reasons of why you were on the fence.
Message 3 of 8
CodeMonkey
Contributor

Very possible - I applied for and was approved for a couple of the supposedly "more selective" cards (AmEx Gold, Citi PremierPass Elite) with 13-15 inquiries on the CR they pulled for my application. I've been getting pre-approvals for the AmEx Plat with those inquiry numbers as well.

So - who knows.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CodeMonkey wrote:
Very possible - I applied for and was approved for a couple of the supposedly "more selective" cards (AmEx Gold, Citi PremierPass Elite) with 13-15 inquiries on the CR they pulled for my application. I've been getting pre-approvals for the AmEx Plat with those inquiry numbers as well.

So - who knows.

Well with your scores i don't think they care about the inquiries lol
Message 5 of 8
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
There may be some truth to that, but I think the larger factors are, was the person boderline in score, current debt carried, and income before they look at the inquiries or not?

Though we have heard of a few cases of people in a very good credit category being denied for inquiries, we haven't  heard of too many 770+ scored people being denied. I think inquiries is just an easy excuse someone can use if you are borderline. It is tangible and requires much less explanation than giving 3-5 reasons of why you were on the fence.

+1 It has become pretty clear to me that, when there's something they don't like about your CR for whatever reason, and that reason doesn't fall into the BK or high util category, they pull a reason out of their magic "safe to use" category and slap you with it in the denial.

They're simply not going to tell you the real reason, and you have to figure it out via comparison to those approved. Still, a tough thing to do with so many variables.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan78
              Its funny you bring this up.  I apped for macys online i got the 7-10 day message i called the following day and was told by a supervisor my app was denied for to many inquires.And guess what??? The card showed up yestarday..Is that weird or what.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TangMeiste wrote:
They pull a reason out of their magic "safe to use" category and slap you with it in the denial.

They're simply not going to tell you the real reason, and you have to figure it out via comparison to those approved. Still, a tough thing to do with so many variables.

So true i do believe they no they have to give you a reason for denial an allot of times it's not the truth.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.