Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Payment Question

tag
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Credit Card Payment Question

After many years not having credit accounts in my name with the exception of two old (dating back to 1994 and 1997) closed accounts in good standing still reporting, I was approved for two new accounts, both from Citi. Visa Platinum Select 8700.00 and Home Depot 500.00. I have been an Au on several of my wife's accounts, all in good standing.

I do not have my own checking or saving account. I am not a joint account holder on my wife's checking or saving account. I deposit my checks into her accounts.

My question is this. I enrolled her checking account to pay my Citi accounts. Will there be a problem with this arrangement? Personally, I don't see a problem, however, I'm feeling a little paranoid.

Anyone?

PS: If worst came worst, I can go to the local Citi branch that I drive by almost every day to make a payment. I would just rather do it online.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card Payment Question

@OnTheRebound wrote:

After many years not having credit accounts in my name with the exception of two old (dating back to 1994 and 1997) accounts in good standing still reporting, I was approved for two new accounts, both from Citi. Visa Platinum Select 8700.00 and Home Depot 500.00. I have been an Au on several of my wife's accounts, all in good standing.

I do not have my own checking or saving account. I am not a joint account holder on my wife's checking or saving account. I deposit my checks into her accounts.

My question is this. I enrolled her checking account to pay my Citi accounts. Will there be a problem with this arrangement? Personally, I don't see a problem, however, I'm feeling a little paranoid.

Anyone?

PS: If worst came worst, I can go to the local Citi branch that I drive by almost every day to make a payment. I would just rather do it online.

None of my CCC's (including Citi) care where the money comes from as long as everything is paid on time.

You have no worries IMO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 5
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Thanks. Just as I thought.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
Message 3 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

After many years not having credit accounts in my name with the exception of two old (dating back to 1994 and 1997) closed accounts in good standing still reporting, I was approved for two new accounts, both from Citi. Visa Platinum Select 8700.00 and Home Depot 500.00. I have been an Au on several of my wife's accounts, all in good standing.

Anyone?

For the very first payment on any account, I always make a small payment several weeks before the due date.   If there are any issues, you have not risked very much money and have time to fix any problem.

Message 4 of 5
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Anyone?

For the very first payment on any account, I always make a small payment several weeks before the due date.   If there are any issues, you have not risked very much money and have time to fix any problem.

I just now did this. Scheduled a $200.00 payment 09/15, not due till 10/03 on a 1604.00 purchase. No interest untill 01/11. Plan to pay it off in 8 months.

What do you mean by " not risked very much money"?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.