Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Payment management

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card Payment management

@KatherineLee wrote:

I use www.Mint.com to track all my expenses, CC accounts, checking, savings, Roth IRA, student loans, ect.

I like just logging into one thing everyday and seeing everything in ONE place without actually having to do any work.  

From Mint.com I can see which CCs have a balance on them and I then visit those credit card sites, log in and set up a payment.  I always PIF every month once my paycheck cuts.

i also use mint, but mostly the overview page.  i mostly want to know what my balances are, all at once.  i don't care if mint files my transactions correctly.  i know where i spent my money Smiley Tongue  recently i started using the goals feature, too.  another motivator for getting my balances paid off.

Message 11 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card Payment management

@newtocredit wrote:

Hi guys,

I currently have 4 credit cards.  I was wondering how you guys keep track of what credit cards to pay for each month?

Seems with having a  lot of credit cards the chances of missing a payment could be greater.  

A month or 2 ago, I caught a bad cold and accidentally over limited one.

Just wondering if you guys had any tips on managing timely payments when one has like 6 or 7 credit cards.

Should I be using quicken or something to track my credit cards. 

TIA

I've learned to harness the power of having an obsessive personality! Smiley Happy
In all seriousness, though, I've simply worked it into my daily routine. I log onto my laptop every morning over coffee and check on all of my accounts -- checking, savings and credit. That way, I can find out about any problems early -- I did have unauthorized use of my debit card a couple of years back and I caught it right away. I can also keep an eye on my balances, pay them off before they get too large, and make sure that I don't miss any payments. In addition, I've signed up for email and text message reminders on the accounts that offer them. 
I only wish that I had become obsessed with keeping track of my finances years ago; I used to be inexcusably lax. But, better late than never. Now that I have a solid routine, I have no excuse to ever be late with a payment again.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.