Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Quest

tag
holhat
Regular Contributor

Credit Card Quest

Disputed a credit card that isn't mine online with Experian. Never recieved anything but they "updated and verified" the card.  Don't they have to show me how that happened or what thier verification was based on??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card Quest

not unless you ask for their method of verification (MOV).
Message 2 of 7
holhat
Regular Contributor

Seems odd.  So someone somewhere (either the CA or CRA) can just decide it is mine and not show me proof???  nnnaaahhh....really??

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

C'mon, laz98, people talk about MOV all the time, but no one I know has ever, ever seen it work......................

Any proof that it does?

Message 4 of 7
holhat
Regular Contributor

Smiley Surprised

How do I get them to show me thier proof?

Message 5 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

I didn't say that I had tried it, or that it works.  The OP asked if the CRAs HAD to show them their proof of investigation.  My answer is that no, they don't have to show it to you just because they investigated.  They are "supposed to" IF YOU ASK for the MOV.  I don't have any experience with how cooperative they are in this process.

Secondly, just because you don't know anyone who has had it work, doesn't mean that it doesn't.  Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

C'mon, laz98, people talk about MOV all the time, but no one I know has ever, ever seen it work......................

Any proof that it does?

Message 6 of 7
holhat
Regular Contributor

Didn't mean to start a sh-- storm.....sorry but thanks for your thoughts!!

Not sure what I will do but that isn't sitting well for me.....hhhhhhmmmmmm

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.