Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Question - Bank Accts

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Credit Card Question - Bank Accts

Another question about opening a CC...I am in the chexsystems database for about another year from past account activity.  As a result, my only bank accounts are a savings account through a credit union, and then I have Greendot, a prepaid Visa that serves as like a checking account (i use it's routing information to pay student loan and other bills).  This is where my paychecks are direct deposited to.  Would any of this help me or hurt me in the area of credit card approval?  Do balances matter?  If so I could transfer more in to my savings account

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Question - Bank Accts

I'm not sure if it applies to all credit cards and all companies, but I believe I've read in this forum of people being denied credit  because of being in Chexsystems(I think what I read was in referance to US Bank)  .

I'm sure others here will know more.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank operates much like the Credit Unions, which also seem often use Chexsystems it seems.
Message 3 of 5
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

When I applied for a US Bank card last month, they denied me based on my EX and TU reports. They didn't list anything about Chexsystems.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have derogs in Chexsystems at the time of app?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.