Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Recommendations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Recommendations

Hey all, I'm fairly new to this. I just purchased my FICO scores today to get a better understanding of my true scores were. My credit is as follows: EQ 658 TU 650 EX 656. My annual income is ~28k a year. Have 2 CO on my account from 2010 and 2011. Also a public record from 2011 which came from one of those CO. I have a Cap1 QS with a recent CLI that brought me up to $800. I also have a Cap1 Plat that is at $500. These cards are both from this past December. I'm looking to get another credit card to help boost my credit a little bit more. I'm looking for one with possibly good travel/gas rewards or a store card. I'm needing possible suggestions of a card that fits my needs that you know about. Like I said I'm new to this and also any credit boosting tips would be great! I was looking at a Discover card but not sure of my eligibility and don't want to waste an inquiry. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Recommendations

Are you a student? If so, you could try the Discover It student card. Otherwise I would recommend the Chase Freedom. Your scores may be a bit low, but you should be pretty close to their range. Unfortunately those COs may hurt you for awhile.
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card Recommendations

@Anonymous wrote:

Like I said I'm new to this and also any credit boosting tips would be great! 

As always, start with your derogs as they tend to hold one back (i.e. you won't see much progress regardless of what you do with them reporting).  Hit the Rebuilding subforum to see what you can do about them.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking to get another credit card to help boost my credit a little bit more. I'm looking for one with possibly good travel/gas rewards or a store card. I'm needing possible suggestions of a card that fits my needs that you know about.

These are pretty vague requirements that could cover a large number of cards.  We really can't tell you what your odds of approval are for any card so we can only go on your needs/wants to narrow down the options.  However, we can guess with your derogs and limits that your options probably will be limited.

Did you select these categories based on your major spend or are you just guessing?  What, specifically are you looking for from a travel card?  If your spend is low then a cash back card may be better suited to you than a point or miles card.  As for store cards, we can't just make recommendations for you.  You need to select store cards based on stores that you frequently use.  Selecting a card is always a highly subjective matter so you really need to provide a lot more information for recommendations.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.