Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Requirements Fico Only

tag
xecutech
Contributor

Credit Card Requirements Fico Only

This may be a dumb question, but do most credit card companies go just by your fico scores only?

If not, will they see the collection that I had paid off, and/or count that against me?

I also have 4 tax lines files in 2012 that may factor in.

My fico is 658

My fako is EX685 - EQ688 - TU666

I am thinking I may have to start with a Capital One secured, or would they turn me down as well?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Card Requirements Fico Only

@xecutech wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but do most credit card companies go just by your fico scores only? No

If not, will they see the collection that I had paid off, and/or count that against me? Possibly

I also have 4 tax lines files in 2012 that may factor in. No doubt it will if paid try to have removed

My fico is 658

I am thinking I may have to start with a Capital One secured, or would they turn me down as well? BofA US bank cap1 will pull 3 CR's so be aware

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@xecutech wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but do most credit card companies go just by your fico scores only?

If not, will they see the collection that I had paid off, and/or count that against me?

I also have 4 tax lines files in 2012 that may factor in.

My fico is 658

I am thinking I may have to start with a Capital One secured, or would they turn me down as well?

The FICO score is your foot-in-the-door, so to speak. If your score doesn't pass the computer cut-off, the lender will deny you instantly. However, even if your score is high (720+), you can still be denied due to excessive inquiries, short credit history, low AAoA, and a plethora of other reasons.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 14
xecutech
Contributor

So, should I apply with cards that have a specific fico limit to get the computer to authorize me without a person seeing the loan?

This may be wishful thinking.

Oh, and I am an authorized user on 2 cards at 23% util and no lates.

Message 4 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@xecutech wrote:

So, should I apply with cards that have a specific fico limit to get the computer to authorize me without a person seeing the loan?

I don't think anyone knows for sure what lenders' internal score cut-offs are, but in general it is generally agreed that there are more "lenient" lenders than others. For example, you may have an easier go of getting a Discover it card than a CSP. I'm sure someone else will comment and give you more options.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@xecutech wrote:

I would advise against you applying for any CC's until you clean your CR's at this time ......sorry

You could have 700 scores and with all the negatives on your CR not be approved IMHO

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 14
xecutech
Contributor

Thanks. I would love to apply and obtain a card on my own after all of the collections and gw letters. My reports improved a lot, but those tax liens will be history in about 90 days, so maybe I can wait.

If anyone else has some tips or some good cards to apply for, I would love to know whcih ones.

Message 7 of 14
cottontop
Contributor

Read up on the rebuilding forum, lots of great tips!
Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 8 of 14
xecutech
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I will humbly go back to the repair threads. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@xecutech wrote:

Thanks. I would love to apply and obtain a card on my own after all of the collections and gw letters. My reports improved a lot, but those tax liens will be history in about 90 days, so maybe I can wait.

If anyone else has some tips or some good cards to apply for, I would love to know whcih ones.

If taxes are paid file Form 12277 fresh start program ...Best wishes

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.