Contributor

Credit Card Requirements Fico Only

This may be a dumb question, but do most credit card companies go just by your fico scores only?

If not, will they see the collection that I had paid off, and/or count that against me?

I also have 4 tax lines files in 2012 that may factor in.

My fico is 658

My fako is EX685 - EQ688 - TU666

I am thinking I may have to start with a Capital One secured, or would they turn me down as well?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card Requirements Fico Only

xecutech wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but do most credit card companies go just by your fico scores only? No

If not, will they see the collection that I had paid off, and/or count that against me? Possibly

I also have 4 tax lines files in 2012 that may factor in. No doubt it will if paid try to have removed

My fico is 658

I am thinking I may have to start with a Capital One secured, or would they turn me down as well? BofA US bank cap1 will pull 3 CR's so be aware

+ Chase Ink =

Valued Contributor

xecutech wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but do most credit card companies go just by your fico scores only?

If not, will they see the collection that I had paid off, and/or count that against me?

I also have 4 tax lines files in 2012 that may factor in.

My fico is 658

I am thinking I may have to start with a Capital One secured, or would they turn me down as well?

The FICO score is your foot-in-the-door, so to speak. If your score doesn't pass the computer cut-off, the lender will deny you instantly. However, even if your score is high (720+), you can still be denied due to excessive inquiries, short credit history, low AAoA, and a plethora of other reasons.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsyharlvpo.jpg
Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, should I apply with cards that have a specific fico limit to get the computer to authorize me without a person seeing the loan?

This may be wishful thinking.

Oh, and I am an authorized user on 2 cards at 23% util and no lates.

Valued Contributor

xecutech wrote:

So, should I apply with cards that have a specific fico limit to get the computer to authorize me without a person seeing the loan?

I don't think anyone knows for sure what lenders' internal score cut-offs are, but in general it is generally agreed that there are more "lenient" lenders than others. For example, you may have an easier go of getting a Discover it card than a CSP. I'm sure someone else will comment and give you more options.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsyharlvpo.jpg
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

xecutech wrote:

I would advise against you applying for any CC's until you clean your CR's at this time ......sorry

You could have 700 scores and with all the negatives on your CR not be approved IMHO

+ Chase Ink =

Contributor

Thanks. I would love to apply and obtain a card on my own after all of the collections and gw letters. My reports improved a lot, but those tax liens will be history in about 90 days, so maybe I can wait.

If anyone else has some tips or some good cards to apply for, I would love to know whcih ones.

Contributor

Read up on the rebuilding forum, lots of great tips!

CHASE FREEDOM 30K; CITI PREMIER 12.9K; CITIAA 6.2K; DUCK 20K; AMEX BCP 1K; DISCOVER 13K; BOFA 20K; USAIR 10K; CABELA 10K; ARRIVAL 12.5K; USAA 12K; CSP 20K; PenFed 5K
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I will humbly go back to the repair threads. :smileyhappy:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

xecutech wrote:

Thanks. I would love to apply and obtain a card on my own after all of the collections and gw letters. My reports improved a lot, but those tax liens will be history in about 90 days, so maybe I can wait.

If anyone else has some tips or some good cards to apply for, I would love to know whcih ones.

If taxes are paid file Form 12277 fresh start program ...Best wishes

+ Chase Ink =

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.