Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Card Requirements Fico Only

Message 11 of 14
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@xecutech wrote:

So, should I apply with cards that have a specific fico limit to get the computer to authorize me without a person seeing the loan?

This may be wishful thinking.

Oh, and I am an authorized user on 2 cards at 23% util and no lates.

I would advise against you applying for any CC's until you clean your CR's at this time ......sorry

You could have 700 scores and with all the negatives on your CR not be approved IMHO

I would concur. I had a 25k Cit and 12k Wf and was declined a prescreened discover and amex with a 707EQ due to a 4 y/o paid PR. No problem afterwords.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 14
boomhower
Valued Contributor

As mentioned FICO is only a small part of the puzzle.  Depending on the lender a PR, lien, collection, charge off, late payment, high utility, new accounts, high or recent inqs, among a plethora of other things can be a cause of denial.  It's usually a combination of many factors that leads to their decision.

Message 13 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@xecutech wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but do most credit card companies go just by your fico scores only?

If not, will they see the collection that I had paid off, and/or count that against me?

I also have 4 tax lines files in 2012 that may factor in.

My fico is 658

My fako is EX685 - EQ688 - TU666

I am thinking I may have to start with a Capital One secured, or would they turn me down as well?

It is very hard to get a secured card with tax liens.   The security deposit which goes into a savings account, could be seized in a judgement.    After they are paid, you should be able to get secured cards. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.