Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Score

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Credit Card Score

Hi all,

Most cards are now offering Fico Scores when getting a credit card. Are these scores legit and why sign up for myfico scores when getting them for free?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card Score

@cjane1 wrote:

Hi all,

Most cards are now offering Fico Scores when getting a credit card. Are these scores legit and why sign up for myfico scores when getting them for free?

Most of them are legit. There are still a few places that try to give you a free Vantagescore, so make sure you see the word FICO.

Well, there are a lot of FICO scores out there. Some places use FICO 08 series scores, some use the older 04 scores, or more rare scores. Even within one of those categories, you may get a classic score, or a bankcard enhanced score, etc. So for instance of you needed FICO 04 series mortgage scores for your upcoming puirchase of a home, it doesnt really help to have one Transunion classic 08 score, one Equifax 08 bankcard score, and one Experian FICO Auto version 2... So in that case you would probably pay for your FICO mortgage scores. If you just need to keep an eye on your scores so you know roughly where you stand from a FICO perspective, then a few random free monthly scores can be the way to go.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 9
mrldp40
Established Contributor

my highest score is 630 experian bankcard 08 but idk who if anyone uses it

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 3 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@mrldp40 wrote:

First National Bank of Omaha sometimes uses that score. They also provide it to you for free each month if you have one of their credit cards.

And I think Wells Fargo uses that score.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 9
mrldp40
Established Contributor

thanks but with 40 inquiries there a no go   im in with navy and penfed  so things are looking up i just need more patience lol

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:

Chase used it when I apped for the Amazon Visa.

Message 6 of 9
mrldp40
Established Contributor

thats good news but i have baddies im not sure 630 is good enough for chase ,may try when 670 or so .thanks

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:

thats good news but i have baddies im not sure 630 is good enough for chase ,may try when 670 or so .thanks

You're welcome, mrldp! And I can add a couple of specific data points for you for the future. I'm sure they pulled the EX FICO Bankcard Score 8 because the denial letter said my "FICO Score" was 687 on a scale of 250-900. and that was what myFICO was showing my Bankcard score as too.  And for comparison, my FICO 8 at the time was 679. And I had to call for recon to get approved for a $500 SL.

Message 8 of 9
mrldp40
Established Contributor

great info bella thanks a bunch

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.