Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Shopping! Please Help.

tag
Ana_

Credit Card Shopping! Please Help.

Hi,

I am looking to apply for a couple of new credit card with higher limits. I have just two credit cards. One is Orchard bank- limit is $500, and the other is Plains Commerce Bank-limit is 1400. I would like a card with a limit of maybe 3k-7k. I have no bks and have paid on time for the past 3 years. 

my scores are 668, 679, 688. What are some cards that will give me a chance? Who will most likely approve me? Any help woul be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card Shopping! Please Help.

Do you have any derogs on any CRs?

Amex, BOA Platinum Plus Visa, and maybe Discover if you get your scores up a little bit seem like good candidates. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 5
MrCredit
Established Contributor

A Citi Platinum Select may be in your future. Citi will grow with you as long as you pay, and they are very open to APD and CLIs, at least they have been to me and my scores about the same as yours. I wouldn't waste an INQ on Discover there CLs are horrible and they like 700's from my experience to get any kind of significant CL. Good luck.
Message 3 of 5
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

BofA is a great bank and they will grow with you.  CLIs are quite generous.

You also may want to consider a credit union.

Message 4 of 5
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I agree BOA and Citi are king I think, CUs are good but I find they can be a bit conservative.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.