Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Spree

tag
Celle31
New Contributor

Credit Card Spree

In an earlier post I talked about being approved for a chase freedom card ($4000.00 CL) while at my chase bank. Anyway, days later I started thinking that this might be the perfect time to get all  (or most of) the credit cards I wanted.

So a whole week later I decided to reapply (yes reapply-applied 04/2011 and was denied) for the discovery more card. Got the further processing...30 day  message and called the backdoor number the next day (God I love the backdoor numbers) and was approved for $1500.00. A little disappointed, they pulled equifax and so did chase.

I do have a ton of lates on my credit report but no collections (anymore) so not too bad.

So the next day I started thinking, I do need a card for travel and decided to apply for an AMEX Blue Sky. So nervous for this one, just knew I was gonna be denied and then comes the pending further review ...14 days message, so bummed. So I waited about 30 minutes (took me that long to figure out how to check my status) and low and behold, status is APPROVED. So called the application status number and I was approved for $6000.00. (OMG). From $4000 to $1500, then to $6000.00; Crazy.

So now I have my Chase Freedom, Discover More, and AMEX Blue Sky.

I still have my Orchard rebuilder card $300 CL (got it 04/2011, but will close it in 03/2012 before the AF is due.

I also have a Home Depot  Card $500.00 CL (trying to get CLI) will see.

Equifax CS went down by 5 points so far. No more CC or applying for credit for me. I now have all the Prime Cards I need, and just have to utilize them for my benefit.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card Spree

Nice going! Grats on those prime cards!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 29
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats. Really nice limits.Smiley Happy  Do you mind sharing your scores with us?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 3 of 29
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Fantastic!  I love it when a plan comes to together!  Great starting limit with the Amex and welcome to the family!   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 29
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Fantastic and much Congrats....please post your score Smiley Happy

You should be very proud of yourself...quite a feat.

Message 5 of 29
quest208
Frequent Contributor

What is the point of waiting to close the orchard? If you are going to close it close it NOW! Why? Orchard has been known to play games. They'll drag their feet then hit yoy with an annual fee. Do it now, follow up two weeks to confirm that its CLOSED and you are no longer in that expensive relationship.

You are in prime territory now. Bye bye orchard.

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 6 of 29
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

What are your credit scores if you don't mind me asking

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 29
Celle31
New Contributor

My credit score for MyFico is only 681 (equifax) however when I received my chase card it actually gave me my score from MyFico for them and it was 702. It even gave me  the reasons why my score is not higher.

From earlier conversations on the forum I was told that CC companies use different beacon scores and the one here is geared to mortgages and that's why the scores are different. Haven't received any other cards yet.

I do have like 6 or 7 accounts with late payments earliest  one about a year and a half ago, but all my collection acct were deleted (began with 18 two years ago and a 487 CS).

Home depot upate: I requested a CLI of $5000 (was thinking maybe they will give me at least $2000. Checked my acct and my CL is now $5500. They actually gave me the whole $5000. Crazy, but wonderful. From $500 to $5500 just like that. Should have asked for more (Ha Ha). When I first got their card (04/2011) I still had collections on my acct and 1 was with citi.

As suggested I'm gonna call orchard and cancel today. Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Message 8 of 29
DanielF
Contributor

Congrats on the cli with Home Depot. Nice to have a home card with a decent limit.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You got some great cards with nice limits!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.