Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Successes!

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Successes!

@Anonymous wrote:

Its been along time since I've tried to apply for credit.  I have 4 mc/visa with small limits (less than $400 on each) and have just utilized those over the last 3 years (only 1 is less than 6 months).  I have 5 medical collections on all 3 credit bureaus, 1 charge off and 2 collections.  Last month I paid off all my credit cards and watched my credit score greatly improve.  I've been reading the boards and reading about which cards to apply for and who they pull reports from so I could plan carefully.  Its really very stressful..lol!  However,  I had great success the past two weeks thanks to the expertise on this board (not great limits but still happy!)!  I applied for the following:

Target: approved $200  

Kohls:  approved $300 

Walmart:  approved $300 (I have no idea how I got approved with them using EQ)

Discover:  7-10 notice then declined after they pulled multiple credit reports (after getting denied I found the posts about them pulling multiple!! I would have not applied)

Hooters:  7-10 notice still pending

Old Navy: 7-10 notice still pending

Nordstrom: (got way too overconfident but I couldnt resist!) 7-10 notice still pending

I am beyond done with getting the new credit.  I dont think they will have to much of a negative effect on my score since they didnt all use the same CRA and I had zero inquires before this now I have 3 or 4 on each.

The Walmart posted to 2 of my CRA's along with the inquiries and my TU still went up.

Fakos:  TU 658 11/24  EX 634 10/30 EQ 564Smiley Sad 10/30

Congrats! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Successes!

Luckily for me Hooters pulled TU..I am in Cali.  I dont really know what their criteria is but I've seens posts on here where people with scores between 600-650 have been approved.  Dont like people with mortgages..you can search for Hooters and get alot of good info on this board.  I read it all before I applied.  I got a 7-10 day notice after applying but called back 1 week later and got my verbal approval.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.