Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Suggestions?

tag
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card Suggestions?

Also, pre-qual sites aren't working for me as I just opted-in about two weeks ago. I opted out before I began the mortgage process. Anyone have any idea how long it takes before the opt-in goes through and you can use those sites again?

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 11 of 12
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Suggestions?

@TheConductor wrote:

Agreed on Amex charge card now, and checking pre-quals for Barclays and Discover.  I think you have a decent shot with all three.

Make sure to go for the Amex charge card you actually want.  People tend to assume they have different approval standards, but in fact the underwriting is either identical or so close to identical it doesn't matter.  If you can get a Green, you can get a PRG or a Platinum if that's what you really want.

Does everyone think that he has a good chance for the charge even with a 656?  Also with unpaid medical?  I have heard people on the forum say that it is easier to get approved for a charge I don't understand why.  Good Luck with your app.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.