New Visitor
Dragon978

Credit Card Upgrade

[ Edited ]

What kind of card could I get approved for with a 670 Score, with 2 negative trade lines?

(I have 1 charge off from Capital One - $3,000 - 3 years ago.)

(I also have 1 paid- charge off - $1,700 - Dell Financial.)

I owe nothing except student loans about - $11K

I want to upgrade my credit cards and build better credit.. But my question is, what category do I fit into?

Re-establishing credit or should I try to go for Rewards/Points cards???

Is my credit good enough to apply for anything better, less fee's, lower APR?

Can someone help.. please

Message Edited by Dragon978 on 03-30-2009 06:01 PM
Frequent Contributor
lessons_learned

Re: Credit Card Upgrade

With the credit crunch, those baddies will hurt.  Juniper and Orchard bank would probably give you a $500-$1000 CL.  Orchard checks all reports but Juniper/Barclays checked my TU which was in the low 600s when I was approved.  You may want to try a BOA or Citi secured card.  Just to avoid too many inqs.  Orchard has a card selector which will run a soft inq before you send the entire app.

Where I was 8/22/08 TU 581 EQ 554 EX 615
Where I am 7/30/09 EX 737 (FAKO) EQ 689 TU 745
Can't wait to see what my scores will be when all my accounts hit the 1 year mark!
Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

I would go with Capital One and/or HSBC/Orchard Bank.
Contributor
Eiso

Capital One should be good for you. My friend had a mid-600 score and have a collection on his file. He got turned down by almost everyone except Capital One. They gave him $300 credit line initially.
-----------------------------------------------------
FICO pulled by loan officer on 8/3/2009
EQ: 724
EX: 740
TU: 742
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

That is if Cap One doesnt blacklist, if this is the case you may not stand a very good chance!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+