New Visitor
Kerbs13

Credit Card appears twice?

OK, Just looked at my FICO score for the first time, and saw that a credit card I have appears twice, and adds up likewise on my credit report. The amount of the 'duplicate' is the same as the balance I had when I lost my card earlier this summer around the time of the last transaction, so I imagine this is related to that. My question is, is it normal for that to still be on there (it happened around June)? The balance when I lost it was ~$2400 whereas now it's just $500, but the total score against me is $3000 because of the duplicate. Should I take action to fix this? Or should it fix itself?
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: Credit Card appears twice?

Kerbs13 wrote:
OK, Just looked at my FICO score for the first time, and saw that a credit card I have appears twice, and adds up likewise on my credit report. The amount of the 'duplicate' is the same as the balance I had when I lost my card earlier this summer around the time of the last transaction, so I imagine this is related to that. My question is, is it normal for that to still be on there (it happened around June)? The balance when I lost it was ~$2400 whereas now it's just $500, but the total score against me is $3000 because of the duplicate. Should I take action to fix this? Or should it fix itself?

It should read lost card and transfer to the new car with 0 bal on the old one.  Call the card company.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+