Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card calling after periods of non use

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card calling after periods of non use

stef37 wrote:
HSBC called me after I applied for their card and proceeded to not use it for almost 2 months.

They should be happy now, I finally broke it out and put my rent on it and paid it right off. I forgot it had the 2% cash back. Easy $15 made.

YIKES!!!  Wasn't that at 0% for a year on purchases?  I have the 2% CB and 0 percent... used the stew out of it for the cash back during the first year.

Message 11 of 17
moonman
Frequent Contributor

the last couple of years i've had 4 cards closed for non use and my credit score dropped by a good sum but my reports are clean but i have everything i ever wanted.Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a question!

but will I get point increase in my fico score because of it's long history, I mean, the card was opened in 2000.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a question!

I have a Dillard's account that I will never close even though I do not shop there. I opened it in 1990 and only used it on the day that I applied for it in store. It still shows on my report as open. And I do not even care about the lousy $200 limit. The only way that I will lose that age is if Dillard's closes it. It is my second oldest account and with all my recent account openings it helps keep my average age at 3yrs 8mo. It would cost better than a year of age on average to close the account.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

stef37 wrote:
HSBC called me after I applied for their card and proceeded to not use it for almost 2 months.

They should be happy now, I finally broke it out and put my rent on it and paid it right off. I forgot it had the 2% cash back. Easy $15 made.

YIKES!!!  Wasn't that at 0% for a year on purchases?  I have the 2% CB and 0 percent... used the stew out of it for the cash back during the first year.

That would be the one.

Here's the link I used.

Message 15 of 17
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Yes, I used to work for Chase many many years ago in their "Customer Outreach Division" and my mother was a supervisor in their "Activations Department" and then transferred to "Collections".

The Customer Outreach Division would call card members after periods of non-use and offer special rates, ACH transfers, and other various specials to entice customers to use their stagnant cards.

I also think they wanted us to call and see what card member were still "alive and kicking" as many calls I made were to cards that had been dormant for many years (in excess of 5+ years) and the person whom answered would sometimes advise us the card holder has "passed on".

Suffice to say, I dislike that job.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

stef37 wrote:

Brammy wrote:

stef37 wrote:

That would be the one.

Here's the link I used.

Dofferent card. Mine is a MC and had 0 for purchase AND BTs.  Thats why I used the heck out of it.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.