Valued Member
ajg

Credit Card or Line of Credit

I'm going to buy a new TV soon; Sony, Sharp, etc. Many of them allow me to finance through them as 18 months no interest kinds of things. The Sony site shows a card that I would get but I don't think it is a Visa or MC as I think I can only use it on Sony's site.

My questions is, one, is this a credit card or a line of credit? And two, is there an advantage to having credit like Sony vs. the general everyday credit card through Amex or Chase? I know the "mix" of types of credit is important but I don't know how these will report. And lastly, once I pay this off, probably in a few months, do I "keep" that credit for future use or do I reapply next time I wish to buy something? Thanks for your advice. 

-A 

Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card or Line of Credit

[ Edited ]

ajg wrote:

I don't think it is a Visa or MC as I think I can only use it on Sony's site.

My questions is, one, is this a credit card or a line of credit? And two, is there an advantage to having credit like Sony vs. the general everyday credit card through Amex or Chase? I know the "mix" of types of credit is important but I don't know how these will report. And lastly, once I pay this off, probably in a few months, do I "keep" that credit for future use or do I reapply next time I wish to buy something? Thanks for your advice. 

-A 

This card,this card,and this card all are obviously VISA bank cards.

Were any of these cards the one which you are considering?

Message Edited by CreditAble on 02-27-2009 04:14 PM
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Too bad you didn't have a Circuit City card.  Prior to their Liquidation sale, they offered 0% for 3 years.
Valued Member
ajg

This is the card I'm refering to.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_ge_financing&hideHeaderFooter=true

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}