New Visitor
jakurnik

Credit Card pre-Qualification

Is there a way to know if a credit card company will accept you or not? I have a score in ~650 range and 25 K in student loan debt, a secured credit card for $500 with $200 on it and a couple of late payments from years ago (not 7). I have applied for 2 cards on myfico.com that it said were in that fico range but was denied for both of them. If I apply for others it will start to hurt my score.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: Credit Card pre-Qualification

What cards denied you? 
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: Credit Card pre-Qualification

Hi there and welcome to the forums! There is not really a sure way of knowing a creditor will approve you but there is a a list of prequalifed links you can try doing (soft pulls) : http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=129846#M129846

But IMO, since you were denied 2 cards, I would hold off the apps for about 6-12 months and let your current accounts age. Do you know the reason why you were denied the 2 cards in the first place?

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}