Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card pre-Qualification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card pre-Qualification

Is there a way to know if a credit card company will accept you or not? I have a score in ~650 range and 25 K in student loan debt, a secured credit card for $500 with $200 on it and a couple of late payments from years ago (not 7). I have applied for 2 cards on myfico.com that it said were in that fico range but was denied for both of them. If I apply for others it will start to hurt my score.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card pre-Qualification

What cards denied you? 
Message 2 of 3
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card pre-Qualification

Hi there and welcome to the forums! There is not really a sure way of knowing a creditor will approve you but there is a a list of prequalifed links you can try doing (soft pulls) : http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=129846#M129846

But IMO, since you were denied 2 cards, I would hold off the apps for about 6-12 months and let your current accounts age. Do you know the reason why you were denied the 2 cards in the first place?

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.