Credit Card usage.......What to do?

So quick question for all you CC gurus

I have some good cards now

16K NFCU

2K Barclay

2K USAA

2K USAA

1.3K Barclay

My plan is to use the lower 4 only, leave the NFCU for emergencies only.

Is it a good idea to use 1 per month then rotate to the next one?

Just trying to figure out the best way to keep my utiliaztion low and rotate the us among them and get my FICO moving up

Thanks for your help

My Wallet: NFCU CR Visa 25K, NFCU GR Visa 23K, NFCU Platinum 16K, PenFed PCR 26k, PenFed PR 18K, USAA Sig Visa 23K, USAA Amex 24K, Amex Hilton 9K, Amex Gold NPSL, BOA Platinum Plus MC 26K, BOA TR Visa 30K, Chase Amazon Visa 8K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card usage.......What to do?

Plan sounds good, at least charge a chocolate bar.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds good, you will have to use the NFCU a few times a year to make sure it doesnt get closed for non use.

Message 3 of 8
williamachamberlain
Valued Member

Thanks for the  responses.

I plan on using the NFCU at least twice a month for what me and the wife like to call "date night"!!!!!!!!

Others used on a monthly basis will be used for gas, other things and such.

My Wallet: NFCU CR Visa 25K, NFCU GR Visa 23K, NFCU Platinum 16K, PenFed PCR 26k, PenFed PR 18K, USAA Sig Visa 23K, USAA Amex 24K, Amex Hilton 9K, Amex Gold NPSL, BOA Platinum Plus MC 26K, BOA TR Visa 30K, Chase Amazon Visa 8K
Message 4 of 8
newUser0
Established Contributor

If you go to walmart, at least once a month. Just take all cards, and charge a gum pack on that.

You can even do this at least once in 2 months, on all the cards you don't use. This cuts a statement and keep it away from flagged for no use.

Message 5 of 8
GFer
Valued Contributor

You can...but most will only flag if not used for 6-12 months. I use mine every 3 months to keep them active. I've actually called them and asked...

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
askme3012
New Contributor

i'd use atleast 2% of each limit and show same util to CRAs. And go bonkers on any card u want but always show 2-9% util .. and PIF.. u will be fine. 

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 7 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I use all of my cards regularly but I just make sure to pay to 0 before statement cut on 50% of the cards (rotating) to not get a too heavy ding on Fico. After all I want to max my rewards and not please Fico Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.