cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

tag
2468dlw

Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

Hi Everybody,

I have a Credit Score of between 680 - 691 right now, depending upon the source you believe in most, I guess. ( Obtained through two OTHER FREE Credit Websites....at least based upon Experian and Trans Union there TOO )....

I am looking for advice about which FICO Score / Report to receive  from THIS SITE, as I really only want to purchase ONE immediately, and I am looking for opinions about which one to obtain  ( Experian OR Trans Union ), based upon the cards that you may advise me to seek out below, being that some of you may know which cards pull which reports the most already, etc...?

My profile for cards....

I have a higher amount of Debt at the moment, which could change how much my
Initial Credit Limit is at first, I guess.  I was highly ignorant about the Utilization Score of Credit until just this last week.

I have 'A Ratings' for Payment History and such and a Longer Credit History, which Rates me as an 'A' too.

I am trying to receive very fast approval for an Initial Limit with those Ranges to begin a new At Home Business.

My Income has gone up a lot in recent times compared to what I saw listed in some older credit information files yesterday, but, I just didn't pay my higher debts down since my significant increase in monthly funds as I was also assisting some other people for matters they needed monthly cash for themselves, even though I actually hold NO other debt whatsoever, besides these credit cards right now.

I am looking to receive a credit card with this starting limit range as soon as I can, so that I can invest in a business that can grow to where I can assist the people I need to assist, while still paying my older debts down, along with affording this new card debt to begin my business too.

Any advice about the cards I should immediately consider?

I have heard that AM EX  'likes income.'

I have a very positive Rating for Debt To Income Ratio, and it will be seen as even better once any new credit companies receive my updated income information on their application too.

I just need a card that will NOT penalize me TOO MUCH just for having a higher Utilization Rate here.

Any ideas come to you for cards that may overlook higher Utilization Rates and regard the Longer A Payment History and The Higher Debt To Income Ratio, as I do   NOT have ANY other monthly debts at all, as I am even paid for with my Room and Board as a Live In Household Employee at this time.

I mean, I don't even have a Car Payment or ANYTHING. 

Please Reply with anything if you can do so.

Thanks SO Very Much.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
2468dlw

Re: FICO SCORE FREE HERE? / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

Hi,

Can someone answer me very fast about if I can receive any FREE Fico Score on this site, without one or the other $19.95 purchase price for either an Experian or Trans Union Report with it too?

Maybe I misunderstood that you had to pay for either Report right away?

Thanks So Much....

Message 2 of 18
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

Unfortunately, you will be penalized for having a high utilization. 

You can try to balance transfer your balances so that you can pay it off slowly. Try Discover IT, Chase Slate. 

If you're approved, your credit limit will be based on your current credit limits, debt, and income. 

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 3 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO SCORE FREE HERE? / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

@2468dlw wrote:

Hi,

Can someone answer me very fast about if I can receive any FREE Fico Score on this site, without one or the other $19.95 purchase price for either an Experian or Trans Union Report with it too?

Thanks So Much....

Sorry - no free FICO scores would be available on this site.  You will have to purchase one or the other, or both if you want to obtain TU/EQ.

Regarding your question on moderate CL approvals from the get-go.  It won't happen with the scores/high debt information provided.  Others may chime in and provide guidance.  There is no lender willing to overlook high utilization, and score alone will not be the other only factor when considering evaluation for additional credit.  While you may have some decent established history, high debt is not one favored by lenders, especially if they are considering granting additional unsecured credit.

Message 4 of 18
Simply827
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@2468dlw wrote:

Hi,

Thanks So Much....

Sorry - no free FICO scores would be available on this site.  You will have to purchase one or the other, or both if you want to obtain TU/EQ.

Regarding your question on moderate CL approvals from the get-go.  It won't happen with the scores/high debt information provided.  Others may chime in and provide guidance.  There is no lender willing to overlook high utilization, and score alone will not be the other only factor when considering evaluation for additional credit.  While you may have some decent established history, high debt is not one favored by lenders, especially if they are considering granting additional unsecured credit.

+1

If you sign up for the trial of ScoreWatch you can get your EQ score for free. Amex likes to pull EX which you can't purchase. 

Either way, if you want a high limit card, you HAVE to pay down your balances.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 18
2468dlw

Re: FREE FICO SCORE / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

Hi,

Thanks SO Much for replying at all.

I had NO idea that Utilization was that important of a factor in Credit Ratings. I actually believed that Credit Companies wanted people to use a higehr amount of credit so that they could receive longer term interest payments from them instead. 

I came across a blog from another person that had a $9,000 Debt on a $10,000 credit limit because they also falsely believed that credit compaines somehow gave more credit to people that held higher balances but always paid them off no matter what, according to their income ranges, so that credit companies could receive more interest from those cardholders too.

I have some higher total limit credit cards within those various ranges I am looking to just start out with right now, but, they were received through credit limit increases, with these earlier cards not really starting out with very high initial limits, but, I had much less annual income when I first received their starting limits as well.

I really just need at least $2,000 on a single new card just to get going in my new at home business IMMEDIATELY,  in the way I really want to get going in it right away.

ALSO...

I am confused about this FREE FICO Score with Score Watch!?

I gave informaiton for a FREE 10 Day Trial with it, but, when I Log In to this Members Center for my Score Watch Services, I see NO FICO Score / Report?

I still see Purchasing Options for the Experian / Trans Union Score / Reports there....

I guess I need to Contact the Web Masters...

Thanks SO Very Much for ALL of your answers here.

Have A Good Day....

Message 6 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

Are you a member of any local credit unions? my highest credit limit is from a credit union and I was able to ask for my credit limit

Message 7 of 18
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: FREE FICO SCORE / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

@2468dlw wrote:

Hi,

Thanks SO Much for replying at all.

I had NO idea that Utilization was that important of a factor in Credit Ratings. I actually believed that Credit Companies wanted people to use a higehr amount of credit so that they could receive longer term interest payments from them instead. 

I came across a blog from another person that had a $9,000 Debt on a $10,000 credit limit because they also falsely believed that credit compaines somehow gave more credit to people that held higher balances but always paid them off no matter what, according to their income ranges, so that credit companies could receive more interest from those cardholders too.

I have some higher total limit credit cards within those various ranges I am looking to just start out with right now, but, they were received through credit limit increases, with these earlier cards not really starting out with very high initial limits, but, I had much less annual income when I first received their starting limits as well.

I really just need at least $2,000 on a single new card just to get going in my new at home business IMMEDIATELY,  in the way I really want to get going in it right away.

ALSO...

I am confused about this FREE FICO Score with Score Watch!?

I gave informaiton for a FREE 10 Day Trial with it, but, when I Log In to this Members Center for my Score Watch Services, I see NO FICO Score / Report?

I still see Purchasing Options for the Experian / Trans Union Score / Reports there....

I guess I need to Contact the Web Masters...

Thanks SO Very Much for ALL of your answers here.

Have A Good Day....

Banks do LOVE people that carry balances but pay them off gradually to collect a lot of interest. If it's too gradual or worse, makes balances trending higher,  they get scared. What you want to show is that you can pay off the balances reasonably fast. This improves a "Capacity Score" which is a score lenders use (and FICO sells) that estimates your capacity to take on additional debt. I would try to make 4x the minimums or more for at least 3 months then apply. This should improve both your FICO and capacity scores and increase the odds of a good CL card.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

have you tried the pre-qualified tools at chase.com or citicards.com

those tend to be solid offers if you get one.

Message 9 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

I have a temporary solution for you: get somebody you trust to add you as an authorized user on his/her cards that have high limits to bring down your utilization ratio, then apply for the Chase Slate and transfer the balances to the card to buy you some time and free up the limits on your current cards. Then please do yourself a favor and pay off the balance first before thinking of making purchases on behalf of someone else. It's great that you'd like to assist others, but think about when you're in debt some time in the future with those purchases - who would help your financial situation then?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.