cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: FREE FICO SCORE / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

@2468dlw wrote:

I had NO idea that Utilization was that important of a factor in Credit Ratings.

Sign up for Credit Karma and look at your credit report card.  It will break down the various factors and explain the impact of each.

There are no quick fixes for your situation.  No credit card company is going to overlook high utiulization.  You need to lower your utilization and that's going to take time.  Even if you paid a signficant amount today it wouldn't be reported until the statement cuts and your card companies report it to the bureaus.

Message 11 of 18
2468dlw

Re: Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

*So Sorry for those Typos above.*

Hi John,

Actually I AM a Member of a Local Credit Union around here. I looked up this option and I DID find this My Fico Thread from last summer…http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/UPDATE-EASIEST-FLORIDA-CREDIT-UNION-W-HIGH-LIMIT/td-p/1... 

This Poster had a higher Credit Score, BUT This Poster claims to have had Collections listed on their Report too. This Poster received at least a whole $3,000 Initial Credit Limit last year. I really only require around $2,000 for a pretty good start in my new business. I don’t know, anything could be at least worth a try, and I will definitely make phone calls to New Account Depts. of these different places that I narrow down extremely soon before I apply anywhere at all, to get a pretty good feel about their individual requirements for  ‘creditwothiness’ too. I realize that some of this looks bleak for me, BUT, I AM a person of Faith that usually refuses to give up until every single possibility is fully exhausted once I believe in a pursuit.

Message 12 of 18
2468dlw

Thanks for the advice, cashnocredit. Great motto ( YOUR SCREEN NAME ),  to try and live by, even as anyone tries to establish a High Grade Credit History with various credit use, where creditors do see enough revolving balances that are paid off much faster than I realized so that those “Capacity Scores” improve for me.

When I get out of this situation, I am like paying my cards down to like, nearly nothing on those older balances there, I swear.

Cute name, creditaddict.  Thanks for the advice too.

My gosh, THOSE ARE REALLY ALL YOUR OWN CARDS LISTED IN YOUR SIGNATURE?!  WOAH!  Just please don’t charge even ONE of them up too much. I am learning that even just ONE CARD having too high of a revolving balance for too long is seen as a negative mark for a report.

HiLine, I  will research your advice. I have had my head in the sand so much that I barely know what a Balance Transfer is yet, sorry to say.

Message 13 of 18
2468dlw

Re: CASH NOT CREDIT / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

Also HiLine, When I mentioned assisting other people after my higher income increase lately in my above posts before, and that I did not pay cards down with that increase, I did NOT apply CREDIT CARDS for THOSE  extra purchases for OTHER people. It sounds like you *may have* misunderstood there?  I just immediately applied that extra monthly CASH income to expenses for people important to me and paid CASH for these expenses, rather than paying older revolving balances down right away. I don’t EVER regret assisting people whenever I can do so, but, I maybe wish I had known more about not paying revolving balances down sooner BEFORE I made these other ongoing CASH commitments to assist some other people for my immediate future.  Still, I realize that creditors don’t care at all about people’s reasons for debt history.

Message 14 of 18
2468dlw

Re: FAST CASH LOANS / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

Takeshi… I appreciate everything you say. If worse totally comes to worse, I can consider other sources for fast investment cash, and try and gamble with this new business that it has fast enough receipts to pay higher interest loans back that way. It IS a rather unique business that CAN have the potential for fast receipts in somewhat higher ranges right away, depending upon the initial investments made into it, as the more you invest in it right away, the more you can receive on VERY HIGH Commissions with it right away too.

Message 15 of 18
2468dlw

Re: THANKS SO VERY MUCH / Credit Cards For $2,000 - $6,000 Limit With CS In High 600's?

I will leave updated messages about what happens with my phone calls / final application etc… into what happens for this very final outcome.I still have Faith that something will come through for me, one way or another way here. THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR REPLYING TO ME! Have A Really Good Day.

Message 16 of 18
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

2468dlw,

My screen name actually dates back to when I didn't use credit at all. I was at the point in my career where I didn;t need credit and liked the simplicity of debit cards. That was a mistake. Big  Time.  So I actually had cash but no credit. Increasing difficulties renting cars and even hotel rooms started my search as to why debit cards were not desireable for these things. At the time I didn't have any idea what a "credit report" was let alone a FICO score. After my awakening I started seaching for ways to quickly establish credit and used high deposit secured cards to kickstart things. Worked great and now I have more than enough credit to meet my needs. But you are so right in that credit cards are best used to spend what you can pay for immediately.  I'm not opposed to debt as I'm not an absolutist. There are times in one's life where having some debt is smart, especially early on.  Mortgages, car loans are obvious but as one gets older one should reduce debt and save more in anticipation of retirement. It's horrible that too many folks find they have to work til they are 75 which is ok if you are enjoying working but at some point you need to be able to retire in some degree of comfort.

Good luck on your journey. Learning about how this all works is quite valuable.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 17 of 18
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

• Paid down your debt ( if you can ) and wait until they report to credit bureau which mean statement cut.
  • There's a lot of CC come with 0% APR and Balance Transfer for 12 to 18 months( you have to paid 3% for balance transfer fees) . 2k 3k shoudn't be a problem with your credit file right now but let said if you paid most of your debt down and apply for new CC then your change getting higher limit like 5k to 10k. After that used that CC for everyday purchase and everything even with balance transfer to that card. 
  • High credit score + longest history + Less debt = High credit line.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.