cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?


Bluerain wrote:

Sorry to hear about your denial Smiley Sad Maybe they pull Vantage if all of the 3 CRA's are frozen? 


Hmmmmmmm Smiley Wink

 

Anyone willing to test this ?

 

 

Oh Yeah !

 


If all three CRA's are frozen then no score of any kind could be generated.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 20
Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?


MarineVietVet wrote:

Bluerain wrote:

Sorry to hear about your denial Smiley Sad Maybe they pull Vantage if all of the 3 CRA's are frozen? 


Hmmmmmmm Smiley Wink

 

Anyone willing to test this ?

 

 

Oh Yeah !

 


If all three CRA's are frozen then no score of any kind could be generated.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


Doh !

Message 12 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?


Bluerain wrote:

MarineVietVet wrote:

Bluerain wrote:

Sorry to hear about your denial Smiley Sad Maybe they pull Vantage if all of the 3 CRA's are frozen? 


Hmmmmmmm Smiley Wink

 

Anyone willing to test this ?

 

 

Oh Yeah !

 


If all three CRA's are frozen then no score of any kind could be generated.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


Doh !


Haha that didn't cross my mind! Smiley Very Happy


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?

American Express uses Vantage.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass


Message 14 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?

Where did you get that information?

 

Almost all information available says otherwise.

Message 15 of 20
Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?


HoahCredit wrote:

American Express uses Vantage.


I have a 711 vantage score and amex denied me..I doubt they use it unless my baddies scared them away...they actually pulled EX.

Message 16 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?


HoahCredit wrote:

American Express uses Vantage.


American Express does not use Vantage score. They have their own internal scoring system, that is based on your Experian report.


Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 20
Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?

Is the Vantage score the same as the FAKO score?  I believe we see our Vantage scores when (if) we log into that other credit related site called something like www (dot) notquitetruecredit (dot) com, is that correct?  I see all three CRA scores (FAKO or Vantage or whatever the heck they are) reporting... mine, fwiw, are currently TU 817 / EX 832 / EQ 772.

Message 18 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?

I was given the wrong info then... Thank you for clarifying that.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass


Message 19 of 20
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?


wwinter wrote:

Is the Vantage score the same as the FAKO score?  I believe we see our Vantage scores when (if) we log into that other credit related site called something like www (dot) notquitetruecredit (dot) com, is that correct?  I see all three CRA scores (FAKO or Vantage or whatever the heck they are) reporting... mine, fwiw, are currently TU 817 / EX 832 / EQ 772.


Vantage is one version of FAKO's, which is a general (and derisive) term for credit scores that aren't derived from FICO formulas.

 

Other FAKO's are PLUS scores, the Equifax FAKO's, etc.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 20