cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Cards and Lenders who use The Vantage Score ?

Bluerain wrote:

Sorry to hear about your denial Smiley Sad Maybe they pull Vantage if all of the 3 CRA's are frozen? 

Hmmmmmmm Smiley Wink

Anyone willing to test this ?

Oh Yeah !

If all three CRA's are frozen then no score of any kind could be generated.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Contributor

MarineVietVet wrote:

Bluerain wrote:

Sorry to hear about your denial Smiley Sad Maybe they pull Vantage if all of the 3 CRA's are frozen? 

Hmmmmmmm Smiley Wink

Oh Yeah !

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Doh !

Established Contributor

Bluerain wrote:

MarineVietVet wrote:

Bluerain wrote:

Hmmmmmmm Smiley Wink

Oh Yeah !

From a BK years ago to:

Doh !

Haha that didn't cross my mind! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor

American Express uses Vantage.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Valued Contributor

Where did you get that information?

Almost all information available says otherwise.

Contributor

HoahCredit wrote:

I have a 711 vantage score and amex denied me..I doubt they use it unless my baddies scared them away...they actually pulled EX.

Established Contributor

HoahCredit wrote:

American Express does not use Vantage score. They have their own internal scoring system, that is based on your Experian report.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

Is the Vantage score the same as the FAKO score?  I believe we see our Vantage scores when (if) we log into that other credit related site called something like www (dot) notquitetruecredit (dot) com, is that correct?  I see all three CRA scores (FAKO or Vantage or whatever the heck they are) reporting... mine, fwiw, are currently TU 817 / EX 832 / EQ 772.

Regular Contributor

I was given the wrong info then... Thank you for clarifying that.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Moderator Emerita

wwinter wrote:

Is the Vantage score the same as the FAKO score?  I believe we see our Vantage scores when (if) we log into that other credit related site called something like www (dot) notquitetruecredit (dot) com, is that correct?  I see all three CRA scores (FAKO or Vantage or whatever the heck they are) reporting... mine, fwiw, are currently TU 817 / EX 832 / EQ 772.

Vantage is one version of FAKO's, which is a general (and derisive) term for credit scores that aren't derived from FICO formulas.

Other FAKO's are PLUS scores, the Equifax FAKO's, etc.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007