cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards and Limits not reporting correctly?

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Credit Cards and Limits not reporting correctly?

Hello, 

I've noticed that over half of my credit cards are not reporting on Experian or Transunion. All of them are reporting on Equifax. Experian does not have my new address either. How do I go about updating this information? Thank you.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards and Limits not reporting correctly?

I would suggest contacting each of your creditors about the reporting.  Ask them the last time they reported and if they could update the CRAs.

Make sure all your creditors have your correct address on file.

On the address front - updated reporting should correct it, otherwise you could try calling them.  I know the last time I got my annual credit reports they asked for updated address information - mine was already up to date but that might trigger it to be updated on yours.

Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Contact your creditors but keep in mind that not all creditors report to all 3 major CRA's.

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Experian does not have my new address either. How do I go about updating this information?

IMO no need to worry over this.  It mostly impacts the security verification questions.  Your creditors report this info to the CRA's.  Make sure you updated your address with your creditors that report to Experian.

Message 3 of 6
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Contact your creditors but keep in mind that not all creditors report to all 3 major CRA's.

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Experian does not have my new address either. How do I go about updating this information?

IMO no need to worry over this.  It mostly impacts the security verification questions.  Your creditors report this info to the CRA's.  Make sure you updated your address with your creditors that report to Experian.

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy over the Christmas Holidays. When we moved I updated everything. I guess maybe it will just take time. It seems like all of my cards report to all of the bureaus, however some are regular and some are sporadic (every 2-3 months).

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 4 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

their also may be a chance you have a "split file".   this happens usually on TU and is caused by to many SP's in a short time period.

edit: scratch that.  i just read your accounts are reporting.

Message 5 of 6
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I updated my Macy amx card. All 3 bureaus was reporting $4700 when actually my limit is $14,700 big difference and finally got updated.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.