Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards approving with low credit score

tag
TonyaLynn
New Contributor

Credit Cards approving with low credit score

We were recently turned down for a loan because my hubby's credit scores are Eq:558, TU:629, and Ex:543. He has a repo which from my understanding is to come of his report next year, 2 medical bills that are unpaid, 1 medical that is paid but still on his credit report, a secured credit card we just paid off and our car loan. I was told that he needed to establish some credit and I asked how she said secured credit cards, is this the best way and if so what is a good company to be approved for a credit card with not the best credit? Thanks For Your Help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards approving with low credit score

Check out www.whogavemecredit.com

also, with a little work medical collections can be removed from your report pretty easily.  Good luck

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards approving with low credit score

@TonyaLynn wrote:

We were recently turned down for a loan because my hubby's credit scores are Eq:558, TU:629, and Ex:543. He has 2 medical bills that are unpaid, a few paid but still on his credit report, a secured credit card we just paid off and our car loan. I was told that he needed to establish some credit and I asked how she said secured credit cards, is this the best way and if so what is a good company to be approved for a credit card with not the best credit? Thanks For Your Help.

Hi Tonya, welcome aboard! Smiley Happy

First, I'd recommend working on repairing the derogatory information before apply for new credit. If your husband has a secured card, and a car loan (even if paid) he already has established credit. My suggestion would be to visit our Rebuilding Your Credit Forum, giving us some information (detailed, but no personally identifying) about your baddies, and then working from there to get them cleaned up.

You're going to get the most bang for your buck by repairing first, then building more credit if you need to. You can even be turned down for secured credit produts with collections, etc...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.