Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards: "Canceled"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards: "Canceled"

Hoping someone can shed some light:

1) When do the accounts for credit cards - either canceled by me or canceled by credit grantor - drop off a credit report. 

2) Also, my credit union has seen quite the number of "potential fraud" cases whereby they cancel my credit card and issue me a new one.  Is this activity reflected on ones credit report?

3) I have a two late payments listed on my account - one for 2002 and the other for 2006.  I have no idea where these came from as my payments have been paid in full and on time.  I have disputed the hits with no success.  It does state on my account that customer disagrees.  Is there anything else I should do?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
defserv
Established Member

Re: Credit Cards: "Canceled"

1. canceled credit cards drop off your credit report after 10 years.

2. it may be reflected on your report but will not have a negative effect

3. have you tried calling the cc company and disputing the lates with them?

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you haven't already, please read Understanding Your FICO ® Score and Credit Scoring 101 (at least the first post.)

These will give you the background knowledge you need to understand what you read here on the forums.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

@defserv wrote:

1. canceled credit cards drop off your credit report after 10 years.

2. it may be reflected on your report but will not have a negative effect

3. have you tried calling the cc company and disputing the lates with them?

Slight correction:
The accounts SHOULD remain on your credit report for 10 years. Some CRA's tend to remove these a bit early.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.