cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that just do soft pulls, easiest cards to get with low credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards that just do soft pulls, easiest cards to get with low credit score

Which Credit cards do soft pulls? I want to apply for amazon, lowes, overstock and bj's? my credit score is 590 and i already have comenity and sychrony bank issued cards. How do i go about getting any other credit cards?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards that just do soft pulls, easiest cards to get with low credit score

First off, I wouldn't be too concerned with getting cards just to get them, if they won't benefit you or fit your spending patterns don't waste your time with them. Your best bet is to just continue using what you have and grow those respectively. As for soft pull credit cards, they don't really exist. A credit card is a line of credit which will always have to pull a credit report to where you stand and how much the lender can offer you as a credit limit. What are your credit limits on the cards that you currently have?

Message 2 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that just do soft pulls, easiest cards to get with low credit score

@Anonymous wrote:

First off, I wouldn't be too concerned with getting cards just to get them, if they won't benefit you or fit your spending patterns don't waste your time with them. Your best bet is to just continue using what you have and grow those respectively. As for soft pull credit cards, they don't really exist. A credit card is a line of credit which will always have to pull a credit report to where you stand and how much the lender can offer you as a credit limit. What are your credit limits on the cards that you currently have?

Well, many of the Shopping Cart Trick cards are cards with soft pulls, so they certainly exist and from time to time there are others (NASA FCU in 2014).   But I agree with your first bit, and many people who get a set of SCT cards eventually regret doing so.

Message 3 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which Credit cards do soft pulls? I want to apply for amazon, lowes, overstock and bj's? my credit score is 590 and i already have comenity and sychrony bank issued cards. How do i go about getting any other credit cards?

I think you should let your scores build before getting in deeper with Comenity and Synchrony. Both companies have acted strangely in the past year, giving out credit easily, and then viciously taking adverse action.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for the SCT. I just got a Vicky / Old Navy card.

but for a better SP, Tower Federal CU is doing soft pull memberships w/ some products being offered from the same SP... members on here are reporting soft pull credit card approvals. You just have to donate to an outside source. I tried but dont have POI or address. I get paid cash, and all the household bills are in my gf's name.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, if I were you OP I wouldn't apply for additional credit until your scores are about 75-100 points higher than they are now.  This could mean a year of doing nothing but making on time payments and keeping your utilization low, but by following this path you'll open many more doors a year from now as you'll possess a fair/good score instead of a poor one.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum! IMO, I think you should hold off on applying for any new credit. While you wait spend some time on the Rebuild Forum to get ideas on what you can do to clean up your credit profile. Best of luck on your credit journey!

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

1 of the top lessons ive learned on my rebuild thanks to this forum. :

Patience is the key to unlocking credit happiness!!Smiley Happy

If i would have been patient i wouldnt have wasted so many inquiries on things i a) didnt really need or b) would have gotten anyway with better rates or less wasted pulls.

Its hard but there is great support here wherher in rebuild forum, the garden club, or anywhere here where you need it. Welcome and best of luck on your journeySmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for barclays apple rewards credit card, i have applied it when my scores were in early 600s and got approved for $1300, after using for every single day of the year, i was able to get Amex with limit 5k and capitalone with $500.

T.U : 748

E.F : 751

EXP:761   Amex blue cash: 11k + capital one: 3k  + barclays: $1300 (it all happened in one year). Good Luck!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also agree with the folks recommending you to wait. Get those scores a bit higher!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.