Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that pull EX...

tag
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Credit Cards that pull EX...

Hey Guys,

Been lurking on this board for a long time. Looking for the experts on here help me rebuilt my credit, as well as help me get some more credit cards and better CL's.

In the past few months I've been able to get the Duck Card (5,000), SallieMae MC (4,500), Sears MC (4,500), Discover IT (1,000), PayPal MC (500.00), BOA Visa Sig. (500.00)

I also have the following cards,

AMEX Business Gold, AMEX Personal Gold, and AMEX Platinum.

Installment Loans,

BMW & Mercedes-Benz loans.

Applied for the following and was turned down,

AMEX BCE - Someone in India stated that even though I PIF $10,000 with my three CC's from them, I don't meet their standards. Really ticks me off being that I've spent so much money with AMEX.

Citi Diamond Card - Couldn't get a straight answer. I also just got the Sears MC and scared to really attack them because I dont want to lose my Sears account.

Chase Slate - Just applied, 7-10 days. Dont know if I should call.

BOA Visa Sig. - $500 card with $99 dep.

Cap. One - Called and they said I have to wait.

Right now my best CB is EX at 702. My EQ is 633 and TU is 653.

I want two more cards with good limits if possible. I'm wondering what I can apply for that pulls EX.

Second, which I call Sallie Mae and ask for a CL? Just got the credit. They pulled TU and it got through with 659 TU.

Need some direction.

Make 200K per year. Looking to get all my scores over 700.

Settled two BOA accounts and one Citi.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull EX...

I'm confused... If you make 200k a year, why's your score only 702? Some thing is not adding up to me..
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 23
kobe81
Regular Contributor

During the recession I couldn't afford to pay for the credit cards I had.

Two BOA cards, One Citi card, and a Cap One card.

I settled the cards and i know they are hurting me. As for the 200K per year, I just started making that 4 years ago.

Message 3 of 23
wmweeza
Established Contributor

There has to be more going on for them to see you as a risk, and for you to have scores below 700.

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my own experience, the following lenders pull EX:

Citi

Chase

BoA

I'm recently looking for info on Amex, and it seems that they mostly pull EX as well.

Yet it's worthy to point out that I'm in NJ and your geography may affect which agency(ies) your creditors pull.

Since Chase gave you the 7~10 days notice, it's likely that they turned you down ... It's not a bad idea to call the recon number.

Message 5 of 23
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Then it sounds like time is your friend. Build up a great payment history and in a few years your scores will rise and you can get the cards you want. I don't think there's any magic trick here that we can tell you that will get you apporoved. As far as cards that pull EX, AMEX is the main one I know of. There are credit pull databases online, look them up, I'm sure that would tell you

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 6 of 23
kobe81
Regular Contributor

I dont know what it is.

I've been trying it out for almost a year and a half now. If you read my only thread when applying for the Duck Card, my EX at the time was 590 and my EQ was 701.

Message 7 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried to goodwill some of these negatives on your CR?  How much utilization are you letting post?  EX pullers for me:  Amex, Chase, Citi, BoA, Nordstrom

Message 8 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Synchrony Ebates, FNBO Amex pulled EX for me am in ID.

Message 9 of 23
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Just cause a person makes 200k a year dosent mean they have or had det int he past. Lord I can believe  you said that! My brother inlaw make 180k and his wife makes 80k an they are up to there ears in det. They spend over 3k a month on just eating out.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.