Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that pull EX...

tag
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull EX...

Can I ask what you need these two cards for exactly? If your goal is better limits, you'll want more payment history on the cards you already have. Creditors see you applying for a bunch of stuff and think that you may be desperate for credit. Whether that's true or not doesn't matter!

Credit isn't just about income, that's why you have a BoA secured card (this is actually a decent card, you could make a bigger deposit on this card to increase your credit limit!). Make a few payments a month and put a bunch of usage through your current cards. Before your statements cut, pay your balances down so that all except one of your cards report as $0, the other should be under 10% of the limit. That will help you get auto increases on the cards you already have which will help you get better limits on new cards.

If you can wait 6+ months: Any military affiliation? NFCU is know to give high limits, but they want solid history and don't like recent accounts. You can get into PenFed by making a donation. Open a checking/saving and use it for 6 months, then apply for one of their cards.

In the mean time I would do what you can to get the bad stuff off your reports. Send goodwill letters, pfd collections, whatever you can do. Plenty of good info for that stuff on the forum!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 11 of 23
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

In my experience 95% has pulled EX for me. I live in New York City for reference of what area that I live in

EX

Amex

Chase

GE

Discover ( an App for the Chrome card and it card)

Capital one

TU

Discover  ( my First Discover card)

Capital one

EQ

Citi

Capital one

Discover ( Chrome card last month)

Chase doubled pulled once for me last year on a decline but I forgot which report that  I read it on. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 12 of 23
kobe81
Regular Contributor

I'm not really looking to get credit cards to go on a crazy shopping spree. I'd like to get one or two and get a nice CL so I can go into the garden and watch them grow, and at the same time, have my scores all go up to the mid 700's.

I pay Lexington Law to clean up my credit. (I know...I know...I can do what they do) but I'm so busy at work that I dont have any time on my hands.

Plus, me and DW are looking to buy a house and I really would like to make sure I can deliver that for my family in the next year.

Note: I'm also a member with PedFed since 2009.

Just want to thank everyone who's posting in this thread. My goal is to get my scores back into the 700's and get rid of those 4 bad accounts that I feel are hurting me from getting what I want.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing! I've been keeping an eye on Amex for a long time, and it's really re-assuring (for me) to know that they pull EX instead of EQ, as EQ somehow cannot locate my profile.

Message 14 of 23
kobe81
Regular Contributor

AMEX alwats pulls EX for me.

I want to call them and really go to battle about my previous app. Same with Citi.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe81 wrote:

AMEX alwats pulls EX for me.

I want to call them and really go to battle about my previous app. Same with Citi.

Good luck!

Message 16 of 23
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Chase gave me 7-10 letter and when trying to recon they said it was still under review and they had no info. Turns out I was approved at about the 10 day mark.

Message 17 of 23
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@kobe81 wrote:

I'm not really looking to get credit cards to go on a crazy shopping spree. I'd like to get one or two and get a nice CL so I can go into the garden and watch them grow, and at the same time, have my scores all go up to the mid 700's.

I pay Lexington Law to clean up my credit. (I know...I know...I can do what they do) but I'm so busy at work that I dont have any time on my hands.

Plus, me and DW are looking to buy a house and I really would like to make sure I can deliver that for my family in the next year.

Note: I'm also a member with PedFed since 2009.

Just want to thank everyone who's posting in this thread. My goal is to get my scores back into the 700's and get rid of those 4 bad accounts that I feel are hurting me from getting what I want.

If I was in your shoes, I would look at some of the local credit unions.  Find one that pulls EX.  Open a checking/savings account with them (they will usually do an HP for this, but can use the same pull for the credit card).  My guess is with your income and an EX ~ 700, you should be able to get a pretty good starting limit.

Good luck!

Message 18 of 23
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Chase wanted to pull TU for me. This is according to the letter they sent me about unfreezing my CR before they could evaluate my request. I'm in GA.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 19 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Chase wanted to pull TU for me. This is according to the letter they sent me about unfreezing my CR before they could evaluate my request. I'm in GA.

I am thinking they may have been trying to double pull you, probably ex and tu.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.