cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that pull Experian???

Established Member

Credit Cards that pull Experian???

Can anyone tell me which credit cards pull EX? That is my best score until the baddies fall off TU the next few months and I'd like to get ride of my sub prime card from FirstPremier...Tired of all the fees and low limits, I have a CAP1 card with a $4000 CL and a ORCHARD with 1,100 CL...Total Utilization of all card is 50%, but been afraid to apply because of my TU score of 678 when my EX is 731

 

Thanks for you help


Starting Score: EX (Plus) 727, TU 678, EQ 696
Current Score: EX (Plus) 740, TU 707, EQ 702
Goal Score: 720+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
18 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???

American Express and Bank of America are two that I know of for sure. 

 

Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???


Maverick79 wrote:

Can anyone tell me which credit cards pull EX? That is my best score until the baddies fall off TU the next few months and I'd like to get ride of my sub prime card from FirstPremier...Tired of all the fees and low limits, I have a CAP1 card with a $4000 CL and a ORCHARD with 1,100 CL...Total Utilization of all card is 50%, but been afraid to apply because of my TU score of 678 when my EX is 731

 

Thanks for you help


Macy's, Bank of America and AmEx have all pulled Experian for me.  A good place to see for sure is at whogavemecredit.com.

 

 

I think one problem you may have even with Experian is your utilization.  Some creditors might think 50% is too high.

IAALBNYL
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???

Chase has always pulled experian for me. PSECU also pulls experian.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???

american express & bank of america pull equifax here.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???

Chase, Citi, Amex and BofA pulled EX on me.

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???

The best thing to do is put a freeze on your EQ and TU and start apping away.  Those who try to pull anything but EX won't have success. 

Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???


DI wrote:

The best thing to do is put a freeze on your EQ and TU and start apping away.  Those who try to pull anything but EX won't have success. 


I have a question about this strategy for cards that pull multiple reports, e.g., capital one.  Since capital one pulls from all three, would they pull EX but then deny your application because they weren't able to pull EQ and TU thus resulting in a wasted inquiry on EX?  If so, you need to be aware of any companies that would pull EX as well as any of the other reports because you'd burn an inquiry by applying for those CCs.  Hopefully someone can clarify.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???


Walt_K wrote:

DI wrote:

The best thing to do is put a freeze on your EQ and TU and start apping away.  Those who try to pull anything but EX won't have success. 


I have a question about this strategy for cards that pull multiple reports, e.g., capital one.  Since capital one pulls from all three, would they pull EX but then deny your application because they weren't able to pull EQ and TU thus resulting in a wasted inquiry on EX?  If so, you need to be aware of any companies that would pull EX as well as any of the other reports because you'd burn an inquiry by applying for those CCs.  Hopefully someone can clarify.


If they attempt to pull all 3 reports you have a choice to give them pemission.  You'd have to give them your PIN number or temporarily unfreeze the report(s) at no cost.  But if they need to pull all three reports, I'd think twice about banking with them.  Capital is the only bank that I've heard pull all 3 reports. 

Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that pull Experian???


DI wrote:

Walt_K wrote:

DI wrote:

The best thing to do is put a freeze on your EQ and TU and start apping away.  Those who try to pull anything but EX won't have success. 


I have a question about this strategy for cards that pull multiple reports, e.g., capital one.  Since capital one pulls from all three, would they pull EX but then deny your application because they weren't able to pull EQ and TU thus resulting in a wasted inquiry on EX?  If so, you need to be aware of any companies that would pull EX as well as any of the other reports because you'd burn an inquiry by applying for those CCs.  Hopefully someone can clarify.


If they attempt to pull all 3 reports you have a choice to give them pemission.  You'd have to give them your PIN number or temporarily unfreeze the report(s) at no cost.  But if they need to pull all three reports, I'd think twice about banking with them.  Capital is the only bank that I've heard pull all 3 reports. 


Thanks for clarification.  As a followup, if you deny permission for the other two, is the inquiry on EX stuck? 


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge