Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards w/ Great SCRA Benifits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards w/ Great SCRA Benifits

First off, if you searched and came accross this thread, most likely you know what SCRA is. If not, check out this link SCRA: Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Overview. Below will be information about credit cards that go above and beyond the standard SCRA requirements, as standard requirements are a legal requirement. Please remember to verify fax numbers and locations you input personal information, I will do my best to validate information provided.

Capital One:

4% Interest, No Fees

Applies to new accounts (to include spouses) created after joining military service

Capital One Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Request for Benefits

Verified by: teamXDR

Synchrony Bank:

0% Interest

Applies to new accounts created after joining military service

Fax request (included active military orders or other documents) to: (866) 694-6580 or mail to: Synchrony Bank, SCRA Dept, PO Box 965074, Orlando, FL 32896

I was also able to request benifits for a specific card (PayPal Extras) by sending documents through their card portal.

Target Red Card:

0% Interest

Applies to new accounts (to include spouses) created after joining military service

Fax request (included active military orders or other documents, also include account ID number) to: (612) 307-5052 or mail to: Target Card Services, Mailstop 5C-F, P.O. Box 9475, Minneapolis, MN 55440

Contact (866) 474-4680 for more information, from personal experience you may have to explain what SCRA is for CS to understand which dept to transfer you to.

USAA:

4% Interest for 1 year after sending PCS orders

This is not a SCRA benifit, but still related to servicemembers .

Request this benifit by sending a copy of PCS orders through their online portal.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Cards w/ Great SCRA Benifits

I'm not going to give specifics as my info may not be up to date, but last I was aware some banks would waive AFs on even super-premium cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

wrote:

I'm not going to give specifics as my info may not be up to date, but last I was aware some banks would waive AFs on even super-premium cards.

AMEX waives fees and Barclays reduces interest rate to 0% and waives fees.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase waived fees now but it’s now because of SCRA it’s because of MLA. Citibank does same but both are for new accounts only after 20 Sep 17. AMEX waives fees and refunds retro paid fees and Barclay no longer waives fees and gives 0%. I got 2 years of the Gold Card and the bonus w 0%...
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover does 6% too.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can confirm Cap1 waives fees and 4% interest. Barclaycard waives fees and 0% interest.
Both will also refund any interest or fees you paid over those amounts while you were eligible but before you requested the benefit.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Target and they're still at 6%, two people I've talked to are unaware of the 0% interest
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for the cards that you'd mentioned, are the reduced and/or 0% periods on-going during active service or only for certain lengths defined by the creditor?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The percentage is for the length of service, if the SM re-enlists you need to call them with the updated information

*good as long as they don't change the policy/updated govt/DoD amendments to the SCRA*
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.