Regular Contributor
altayar

Credit Cards with Auto CLI's

Of the following companies/banks.. which is known to do auto CLI's ?

Chase

Bank of America

Discover

AMEX

Just wanted to know to plan for future CLI's.

The_Gardener

Re: Credit Cards with Auto CLI's

[ Edited ]

Gemb cert store cards all do it. 

Also, discover tends to do them, chase sometimes does them.

something to note - requests with amex for CLI's will only be a soft pull if denied. with BOA YMMV

In my wallet, Discover More, BOA 1 2 3. AMEX PRG (au)

EX-722(AMEX DENIAL)
EQ-692
CK-734
CS-703
Established Contributor
CribDuchess

The_Gardener wrote:

something to note - requests with amex for CLI's will only be a soft pull if denied. with BOA YMMV

Actually, requests for CLIs with Amex are a soft pull if approved or if denied.  Gotta love that!

FICOs: TU08 841 10/6/14 per Wally; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 800 11/8/14; EX 805 6/12/14 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $15K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Double Cash $10K; Citi Simplicity Visa $15.1K; Discover IT $24K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $12.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $24.5K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Frequent Contributor
AF_23

None of the major 4 you listed usually do. However they may not all require HP's based on the scenario

The_Gardener

CribDuchess wrote:

The_Gardener wrote:

Actually, requests for CLIs with Amex are a soft pull if approved or if denied.  Gotta love that!

Gah, valid point. i didnt mean for it to sound like it was a hard if you get it. thank you.

In my wallet, Discover More, BOA 1 2 3. AMEX PRG (au)

EX-722(AMEX DENIAL)
EQ-692
CK-734
CS-703
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

I just got an auto CLI from Chase after 3 months of using the card. A few others have reported auto CLIs from them in the past month as well. BofA used to give them, but I haven't received one in quite some time.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Crashem

In terms of auto cli (ie they give you cli without any efforI on cardholder's part), I find bofa and discover do them.  Chase and Amex a little bit.  But in all cases, if ou actively request cli, your cl will grow much faster.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}