Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
New Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-08-2008
0

Credit Cards

Is it normal that  a Credit Card Issuer reduce the credit limit of a NO-FAULTCard member with NO DELIQUENCY at the level of the already used Credit , at the 2/3 of a montly period,  EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY without immediate notice to the member because his Credit score has become Low after taking a Mortgage? and report him to the 3 bureaus **OVER THE LIMIT CARD CREDIT LIMIT**  I was more than $ 4,000 below my Normal Credit Limit, Notice received after the end of the Period.  Please, let me have your points of view
Established Contributor
Posts: 709
Registered: ‎04-20-2008
0

Re: Credit Cards

This practice is called the "universal default" clause and increasingly is becoming a standard clause in credit card agreements.
"WTB Access Number"
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Credit Cards



fender wrote:
This practice is called the "universal default" clause and increasingly is becoming a standard clause in credit card agreements.



It seems to me that the practice of UD seems to be on the decline.  Some CCCs are cleaning up their act regarding practices like these after federal regulators put some pressure on them a couple of years ago, basically telling them, "Regulate yourselves, or we'll do it for you."
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Established Contributor
Posts: 709
Registered: ‎04-20-2008
0

Re: Credit Cards

Cheddar, Im glad to hear that, I heard some of the CCC were being proactive about straightening up.. UD is about the most messed up thing ive ever heard of!
"WTB Access Number"
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,198
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Credit Cards



fender wrote:
Cheddar, Im glad to hear that, I heard some of the CCC were being proactive about straightening up.. UD is about the most messed up thing ive ever heard of!



But they still might do it due to a decrease in credit score, whcih is similar in that a default on one CC will probably drop your score.....
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Highlighted
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,095
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Credit Cards



tocoq wrote:
Is it normal that a Credit Card Issuer reduce the credit limit of a NO-FAULTCard member with NO DELIQUENCY at the level of the already used Credit , at the 2/3 of a montly period, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY without immediate notice to the member because his Credit score has become Low after taking a Mortgage? and report him to the 3 bureaus **OVER THE LIMIT CARD CREDIT LIMIT** I was more than $ 4,000 below my Normal Credit Limit, Notice received after the end of the Period. Please, let me have your points of view



As the others said, you got hit with UD.

I'm astonished that getting a mortgage would do this to your score! Which wonderful CCC is this?

So they reduced your CL to below your current balance, thus making you over the limit? That's just shocking. Again, please post which company did this. We try to give heads-ups here on the forums about CCC's like this.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.