Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards

tag
BT90138016
Contributor

Credit Cards

Graduated high school in 2004 and started working part time slightly above minimum wageand shortly after I got my first credit cards. Shortly after that my cards were maxed out and guess who couldn't make minimum payments??? This guy!!!! Cards went into collection and I settled or paid them off and never got another card again. Fast forward to 2013 Trying to get another vehicle. I was told that my credit wasn't the worst but I didn't have any revolving credit and that was making it hard for me to get approved. I thought to myself "BS". I went online and did some research and found that what they told me was true......Now I have several cards with balances and paying them down to zero with an estimated completion of Jan 1 2016...Some of my cards are considered to be predatory (Credit One and First Premier) I don't plan on using them very much outside of Netflix and Spotify for entertainment. I'm hoping to get a Citi, AmEx and a Discover and replace a few cards....But that's late next year or the year after. I have 2 lates on my car and 2 collections 1 of which should show paid soon and hopefully the other will too. I paid them because I don't want to appear to owe anyone.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards

Congrats on your comeback I was right there with you in my early 20s.  Once you take care of the collections and get caught up on your payments everything bounces back pretty fast in my experience.  I got approved for a capital one platinum after I settled 2 accounts (both banks lost about 3k in the settlement) and went from there.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.