Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Re: Credit Closing Spree!!

[ Edited ]

I just went on a closing spree. Closed Lenscrafters w/ 1k CL and US Bank Flex Perks w/ 1.5k CL. Two of my lowest CLs. I just don't see the reason in having soo many credit cards now. Too many billing dates to keep up with.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (3.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL | Citi Simplicity (8.0k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
New Contributor
withaspark

I recently closed my Chase SW and BofA 1-2-3 cards. It felt oddly liberating. My credit scores went up a few points more than I expected too (no inqs hitting 6 mo, 12 mo, or 24 mo) and AAoA just increased by a month as usual. My utilization went from 0% to 1% due to rounding, if that matters.

Congratulations OP and others. It does feel like things become "simpler".

Regular Contributor
patsfan1453

withaspark wrote:

I recently closed my Chase SW and BofA 1-2-3 cards. It felt oddly liberating. My credit scores went up a few points more than I expected too (no inqs hitting 6 mo, 12 mo, or 24 mo) and AAoA just increased by a month as usual. My utilization went from 0% to 1% due to rounding, if that matters.

Congratulations OP and others. It does feel like things become "simpler".

Yea I would much rather have a few cards with high limits. I just went out and got some CLIs. TYP from 3.5 -> 4.9k and forward from 4->5k. I got denied chase freedom and discover. Discover was a SP, but Chase I'm going to recon. I dont want 1k limit cards anymore.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 4k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k
Total CLs: 26,900
AU BCP
In my wallet: CSP, Freedom
Super Contributor
CS800

09Lexie wrote:
@CS800

I still don't understand Nordstrom..that CL really surprises me.

I did call to get a CLI but was denied twice, but the thing is this card has no AF. At least if they upgraded me to the VISA I would keep it.

But I do have a lot of cards that I don't use.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+