cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Closing Spree!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Closing Spree!!

I just went on a closing spree. Closed Lenscrafters w/ 1k CL and US Bank Flex Perks w/ 1.5k CL. Two of my lowest CLs. I just don't see the reason in having soo many credit cards now. Too many billing dates to keep up with.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 24
Contributor

I recently closed my a few cards. It felt oddly liberating. My credit scores went up a few points more than I expected too (no inqs hitting 6 mo, 12 mo, or 24 mo) and AAoA just increased by a month as usual. My utilization went from 0% to 1% due to rounding, if that matters.

Congratulations OP and others. It does feel like things become "simpler".

Message 22 of 24
Regular Contributor

withaspark wrote:

I recently closed my Chase SW and BofA 1-2-3 cards. It felt oddly liberating. My credit scores went up a few points more than I expected too (no inqs hitting 6 mo, 12 mo, or 24 mo) and AAoA just increased by a month as usual. My utilization went from 0% to 1% due to rounding, if that matters.

Congratulations OP and others. It does feel like things become "simpler".

Yea I would much rather have a few cards with high limits. I just went out and got some CLIs. TYP from 3.5 -> 4.9k and forward from 4->5k. I got denied chase freedom and discover. Discover was a SP, but Chase I'm going to recon. I dont want 1k limit cards anymore.

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 23 of 24
Super Contributor

09Lexie wrote:
@CS800

I still don't understand Nordstrom..that CL really surprises me.

I did call to get a CLI but was denied twice, but the thing is this card has no AF. At least if they upgraded me to the VISA I would keep it.

But I do have a lot of cards that I don't use.

Message 24 of 24