Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Freeze and soft pull [ HELPPPPPPPPPPP]

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Freeze and soft pull [ HELPPPPPPPPPPP]

@LS2982 wrote:
If your serious about not apping I would shred the access codes and call in the bureau when you need to lift the freeze.

+1000000000000000000000000000

Hmmmm didn't realize your addiction was that bad.  In that case then as someone has already stated, perhaps you need to address the deeper issue because a freeze is not the cure, just a deterent.  I'm sure you already know that what you have built credit wise could come tumbling down with AA,  So you need to figure out why, when you already have an awesome line up of CC's, you feel the need to continue on a path that could lead to destruction when you are already on the path of success.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And, sadly, another band-aid is to stop reading this and other similar sites.   If you have any inclination to over-app, seeing posts like "I have a BK in Jan, and 260 inqs on my reports, but yay, I just got a $25K limit on the Amex/Chase/Citi/Penfed Super-Diamond, AND a $50K CLI on ....." make it hard to be good.

Message 12 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

The OP needs to understand that every app he/she is submitting is doing further damage to their file and only setting them back further to be able to get prime cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.