cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Hunt .Any idea about PenFed Amex /Discover More/ NFCU Visa Approval chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Hunt .Any idea about PenFed Amex /Discover More/ NFCU Visa Approval chances?

Hey Every one ! I am new here , looking for an advice .

Recently ( from last  2M) i paid off  credit cards because of  expiring 0 % APR  offer. Now my Util  rate reduced from 95 % to 29 % and  I am in the need of new credit for balance transfer .

After looking at the  few threads here , i short listed the following cards  . Can you shed any light  on those ?   What are the % of chances to get approval for 5 digit CL  ?

1. PenFed Amex

2. Discover More

3. NavyFed  Visa Signature

or Amex BCE / PNC Flex ?

Any help is much appreciated !

Credit Lines

BOA Visa Platimum    -10k  (from 2007) 

BBT Visa Platinum      -10K (from 2008)

BOA AMEX                    -10 K (from 2011) 

Citi Platimum Select  -4.4K (from 2011)

Credit Scores

06/07/2012 -   EQ FICO : 719 

EX  FAKO :734 .

Credit Sesame : 745

04/30/2012 - EX :685

No baddies but 3 req ( 1 Auto,2 Credit  Approvals  and 1 CLI denial in 2011)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Any idea about PenFed Amex /Discover More/ NFCU Visa Approval chances?

Discover More gave me 18 months, 0% with a BT fee of about 3%, I believe.

Excellent customer service. But I made sure to apply and do the BT on the application so they would give me a bigger CL.

My BT was for 4.8K, the CL they gave me was for 6K.

My EQ was a little higher than yours though.

They pulled mine at 760. And no baddies.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

FrugalRican ,Thanks for shraring the info. I  hope Discover approves one me.  

Discover More vs Discover Openroad .Both seems almost same.

Any idea which one might have higher chances to get bigger CL  ??

Credit Lines

BOA Visa Platimum    -10k  (from 2007) 

BBT Visa Platinum      -10K (from 2008)

BOA AMEX                    -10 K (from 2011) 

Citi Platimum Select  -4.4K (from 2011)

Credit Scores

06/07/2012 -   EQ FICO : 719 

EX  FAKO :734 .

Credit Sesame : 745

04/30/2012 - EX :685

No baddies but 3 req ( 1 Auto,2 Credit  Approvals  and 1 CLI denial in 2011)

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Honestly if you can apply with NFCU I would bet that they'll give you a very generous CL.   They are among the best when it comes to approvals and giving large credit limits.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay.  Thank you for your reply.

I dont have NFCU account and i am goign to Open one today with Cousin as Sponser .(we live in the same house) .

Is it OK  if i open account today and apply for  Visa Signature/Rewwards Credit card in 2 days   Or   Better if i wait a month untill one of  my Direct deposit check is deposited?   Is depositing $10K into checking helps to get a generous CL ?

FYI : I have W2 in  $80K+  from last 2 yerars . Debt  -$9K (29 % Util )  ,$20K -Car loan and No mortage.

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

okay.  Thank you for your reply.

I dont have NFCU account and i am goign to Open one today with Cousin as Sponser .(we live in the same house) .

Is it OK  if i open account today and apply for  Visa Signature/Rewwards Credit card in 2 days   Or   Better if i wait a month untill one of  my Direct deposit check is deposited?   Is depositing $10K into checking helps to get a generous CL ?

FYI : I have W2 in  $80K+  from last 2 yerars . Debt  -$9K (29 % Util )  ,$20K -Car loan and No mortage.

I don't see any reason why you would need to wait with NFCU.   They may not even ask for income verification for a CC ~ at least they didn't for me.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.