Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Inquiry I dont recognize?

tag
Marths
Contributor

Re: Credit Inquiry I dont recognize?

I was able to choose my pin for TU, and Experian, but Equifax gave me one so. For 2/3 they can! 

265k FHA Home Loan @ 2.65%
19k Cap1 Auto Loan @ 2.65%

March 2019 - CK(TU-609, EQ-632),EX-590
May 2020 - CK (TU-673, EQ-666), EX-651
January 2022 - CK(TU-727, EQ-726),EX-704
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marths wrote:

No no, it's not rude at all. I completely agree with you. For some reason, she doesn't understand that credit is not income, and she puts me in a bad position doing stuff like that. She destroyed her credit, but I won't let her financial ignorance bring me down as well. I'd like to help but I think she needs to learn how to save, but the money she would spend on paying the card back she would just go out and blow it instead of save it to get what she wants. I don't understand what's so hard on it. 

Also, wouldn't locking my reports be bad, since I was just accepted for these cards last week? 

Your mother knew exactly what she was doing when she did what she did. Even if she's never fully educated herself about credit, she obviously understands on a basic level the consequences of having bad credit. And she was probably banking on her relationship with you to let it slide. You know her best, and can suss out far better than any of us whether she was being malicious in her intent, but at best it was an incredibly selfish thing for her to have done.

There may well be other factors at play here and I realize that I've come down pretty hard on her, so I apologize. I have to echo everyone else's kudos on you freezing your reports. It protects you while taking the whole "loyalty" question out of the equation because it's not even an option.

Message 22 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marths wrote:

Alright I went ahead and place a security freeze on all 3 bureaus. Made sure to put the pins somewhere safe, and away from dear mother. With that being said I have questions. 

So does this mean my current companies can't do soft pulls to review cli's, or would I have to temporarily remove the freeze for that? I get that I would have to remove it for new cards and such, and to actually get the CLI I assume I would have to remove it as well. 

Nope, they can still do SPs.  Good job on freezing them.

On another note, you might as well make the most of getting that card.  I don't know what limit they gave you but you should call Credit Solutions and ask for for a CLI.  Ask for $25K and if they won't give you that, they will counter.  I went from $300 to $25K in a minute.  The larger limit will help your utilization

Don't know if I would od this or not as if mother is going to have permission to use the card as he/she is helping the mother, gives mother to get in alot more debt being the OP has alot more debt and DM decides not to pay the OP is liable...  I might be happy with her having a 1k CL.. Just food for thoughtSmiley Happy

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, my mom wouldn't even dream of doing this to me or my brother, and she's the one who is safekeeping our important documents such as social security cards.
Good job on freezing your reports, and I understand not wanting to getting your mom into trouble, I wouldn't do that to my mom either, buuuuuut.... As I always joke with my mom that if she ever piss me off, I will wait until she's old and fragile, than I'll leave her in the mountain so that wolves or mountain lions can take care of her. Terrible, I know, but when I was a wee lass, she told me about monsters that snatches bad kids away, especially when kids don't listen to their parents, and I thought those were real!
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.