Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Inquiry number question.

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Credit Karma Inquiry number question.

According to DCU, I have 82 inquiries on my report for the past year.  According to Credit Karma, I only have 25. What makes me doubt CK is I had an inquiry from Sam's Club on 10/31/2012, but when I updated my score today, CK says that inquiry from 10/31/2012 was removed on 1/19/2013, and I have seen this happen to other inquiries on CK, this can't possibly be right. Can it?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma Inquiry number question.

@ilovelisa wrote:

According to DCU, I have 82 inquiries on my report for the past year.  According to Credit Karma, I only have 25. What makes me doubt CK is I had an inquiry from Sam's Club on 10/31/2012, but when I updated my score today, CK says that inquiry from 10/31/2012 was removed on 1/19/2013, and I have seen this happen to other inquiries on CK, this can't possibly be right. Can it?

CK pulls off Transunion, whereas DCU is Equifax all the time.

Inquiries aren't consistent between bureaus, for credit approvals an inquiry may be lodged on 0, 1, 2, or all 3 of the CRA's databases depending on lender and loan type.

I think what was surprising to the rest of us is that you had 82 on EQ alone (at least to me), 82 overall I could see but on a single bureau just seemed really high as that's on the order of an application every 10 days assuming the 2 year timeslice a credit report has for inquiries.

Beyond that I wouldn't trust CK that much as it's an interpretation of the base report, though for me it's been 1:1 with Transunion's data though I've never gone inquiry counting as TBH I couldn't care less about inquiries on TU personally Smiley Happy.

        
Message 2 of 13
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

Inquiries aren't consistent between bureaus, for credit approvals an inquiry may be lodged on 0, 1, 2, or all 3 of the CRA's databases depending on lender and loan type.

I think what was surprising to the rest of us is that you had 82 on EQ alone (at least to me), 82 overall I could see but on a single bureau just seemed really high as that's on the order of an application every 10 days assuming the 2 year timeslice a credit report has for inquiries.

Beyond that I wouldn't trust CK that much as it's an interpretation of the base report, though for me it's been 1:1 with Transunion's data though I've never gone inquiry counting as TBH I couldn't care less about inquiries on TU personally Smiley Happy.

I know I app alot, probably 4 to 5 times a week. I'm glad I found the app addiction dungeon thread lol. I know I MUST stop, and I just get this rush when i'm approved lol, just yesterday I was approved for the Cap 1 Sony card. But i've promised myself that was the last app for at least 6 months lol.Smiley LOL

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

What's out there worth apping for that many times?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

What's out there worth apping for that many times?

On my wish list:

Chase Freedom

Discover IT

Citi Dividend

BofA Amex

Cap 1 Venture

Citi Diamond Preferred

I just app for these, and I keep getting declined, so I'll stop apping for them

Message 5 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I think gardening is a good first step, but also stay away from forums like these for a year!  You obviously have it pretty badly.

You have some good cards (I'm surprised about Penfed is one of the later ones, I thought all those inqs would have scared them off).   Take some time.

Message 6 of 13
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

If you've recently had an AA (and I guess that's a yes), you should just pull your credit report directly from EQ.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 7 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

+1 

You have 3 different reports, you may have over 100 credit pulls across all 3. 

I suggest you stop apping and garden. You have a whole bunch of GE cards which they will grow in a short time. Request a CLI and it will help your overall UTI. 

Just my .02

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 13
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@ceemee2203 wrote:

If you've recently had an AA (and I guess that's a yes), you should just pull your credit report directly from EQ.

I haven't had any AA yet, but I'm thinking Barclay's will have something to say about the inquiries and new accounts in a couple months lol.

Message 9 of 13
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

CreditKarma falls victim to a loophole in TransUnion's API that isn't allowed to be discussed here. If you pull your report directly from TransUnion, you will correctly see all of your inquiries; however, CreditKarma (willingly or not) can only see your last X inquiries.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.