Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Utilization

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Credit Karma Utilization

I applied for a Macy's store card not too long ago and am waiting to hear back on approval. I did notice in Credit Karma when I updated I now see the following under Utilization: "Open Credit Card Debt (w/o Limits Reported): $0". Is this a sign that I may have been approved? Or did I maybe just not notice this listing before...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma Utilization

Is this or would this be your only CC?

If I recall, and it has been some time, but when I first got Macys they reported after I received the card.

You can always call them too.

Message 2 of 6
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

That's the new feature. They separate balance on charge cards from revolving credit utilization.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 3 of 6
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma is a neat tool, and it's free however it's TU and they are really slow to update, and the FICO numbers seems rather low.

Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@clipperskipper wrote:

Credit Karma is a neat tool, and it's free however it's TU and they are really slow to update, and the FICO numbers seems rather low.

They're not FICO's, they're FAKO's, from TU's "credit score" algorithm, I think. No relation to FICO's. Somewhere on the report, if you look hard enough and have really good vision, you should be able to see the disclaimer. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Compared to my FICO score they're usually -10 to -30 points below or so but still give kind of a rough idea of where I'm at. I think they need to work on the score predictor a little....I get really weird results sometimes like my score staying the same with 24 mo of on time payments (?). I think you're right...they must have just added this recently....my Macy's store card is still in processing and hasn't been approved/reported.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.