Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma any good?

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Credit Karma any good?

Okay, I am on CK web page right now, are they any good? I am already paying for myFICO so just wondering if they are free? also do they show TU or EXP?  does it show any details about HP's ? just mulling it over if I should sign up on CK tonight or not.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Karma any good?

It is TU only. Do not put any focus in their score, it is a FAKO and It Is worthless. The only real benefit oc CK is being able to see live changes in your TU file.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 24
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

It's essentially a free look at most of the info on your TU report.  It does show hard pulls. 

It provides you with two non-FICO scores, a TU specific score (used to be Transrisk but now I think it calls it Trans Union New Account score or some such) and a Vantage score.  Just ignore the scores and use it for free access to your TU report.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 24
distantarray
Established Contributor

@SnowBowl wrote:

Okay, I am on CK web page right now, are they any good? I am already paying for myFICO so just wondering if they are free? also do they show TU or EXP?  does it show any details about HP's ? just mulling it over if I should sign up on CK tonight or not.

It's completely god awful, don't sign up.   jk CK is 100% free, with that being said between the free sites.

Credit.com

Quizzle.com

Creditsesame.com

Creditkarma.com 

Credit Karma is probably the most useful. detailed graphs and nice charts and tips, although some detail is limited you can refresh your TU account everyday, and nice monitoring etc.

Credit.com I honestly don't like this site much.

Quizzle has the most detailed reports and 100% free once every 180 days. They pull a pretty detailed report and shows you HP and etc.

Creditsesame.com has probably the closest score to your Experian score (national equivency score) which is probably the best EXP Fako out there. This is my on a tie for 2nd place with Quizzle in my opinion.

Personally get all the accounts they're all free and you can compare and contrast.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 24
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

It's essentially a free look at most of the info on your TU report.  It does show hard pulls. 

It provides you with two non-FICO scores, a TU specific score (used to be Transrisk but now I think it calls it Trans Union New Account score or some such) and a Vantage score.  Just ignore the scores and use it for free access to your TU report.

Thanks all for replies, I just signed up.. interesting site.. it shows my Auto Insurance score is at 850... I am checking it out. seems like a simple web site.

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 5 of 24
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@SnowBowl wrote:

It's completely god awful, don't sign up.   jk CK is 100% free, with that being said between the free sites.

Credit.com

Quizzle.com

Creditsesame.com

Creditkarma.com 

Credit Karma is probably the most useful. detailed graphs and nice charts and tips, although some detail is limited you can refresh your TU account everyday, and nice monitoring etc.

Credit.com I honestly don't like this site much.

Quizzle has the most detailed reports and 100% free once every 180 days. They pull a pretty detailed report and shows you HP and etc.

Creditsesame.com has probably the closest score to your Experian score (national equivency score) which is probably the best EXP Fako out there. This is my on a tie for 2nd place with Quizzle in my opinion.

Personally get all the accounts they're all free and you can compare and contrast.

Whoa! thats alot of details and some of sites I havent heard of it yet.. I will check it out Smiley Happy

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 6 of 24
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

I wonder what kind of factors would bring down my Auto insurance scores? like new speeding tickets? Smiley LOL

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 7 of 24
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Credit Karma is also handy for free alerts.
I use it strictly to peruse my TU reports for changes.
+1million for the comment above regarding the free sites. That's good infos.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 8 of 24
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

P.S.
if you want Experian monitoring and are willing to pay for it, Freecreditreport.com will charge you 7.95 per month IF you get the free trial and call to cancel it.
Just tell the rep you know they offer a 50% discount if you stay from regular price.
I have had them for around three years now.
I also have myfico both EQ and TU programs.
Course, I may be just a little obsessed. Lol

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 9 of 24
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:
P.S.
if you want Experian monitoring and are willing to pay for it, Freecreditreport.com will charge you 7.95 per month IF you get the free trial and call to cancel it.
Just tell the rep you know they offer a 50% discount if you stay from regular price.
I have had them for around three years now.
I also have myfico both EQ and TU programs.
Course, I may be just a little obsessed. Lol

Freecreditreport.com is a rip off Smiley Tongue   sorry to say 

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main?akredirect=true

Open to everyone, pull ALL 3 everyday 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.