Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma's approval odds?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Credit Karma's approval odds?

So some of the "approval odds" for me on that website are confusing. My approval odds for most US Bank cards are poor, while Chase Freedom is good, Capital One Presitge card is very good and Capital One Quicksliver Visa Signature is poor and Slate is fair, along with Chase Slate, Ink etc being fair is American Express, Discover, Barclaycard and Citi Bank giving me fair odds too. My score at the moment for TransUnion is 695. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Karma's approval odds?

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So some of the "approval odds" for me on that website are confusing. My approval odds for most US Bank cards are poor, while Chase Freedom is good, Capital One Presitge card is very good and Capital One Quicksliver Visa Signature is poor and Slate is fair, along with Chase Slate, Ink etc being fair is American Express, Discover, Barclaycard and Citi Bank giving me fair odds too. My score at the moment for TransUnion is 695. 

I would not use websites like that to gauge approval at all!

go directly to chase.com and run the pre-qual they have right on website to see if they offer you something.

USBank has a new pre-approval link that has been recently discussed to be pretty accurate I believe.

Citicards and Barclay also have one.

Capital one has a very accurate one also.

Message 2 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

What makes it sooooo hard for you to stick to your plan and garden to March 2014 ???  It is only 3 months Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Chase said on their website that I was elligible for both the Slate and Freedom cards. I did the US Bank "pre qualify" thing or whatever and got approved for the "U.S. Bank Contour Card" which is not a credit card. It's a prepaid "debit" card. Couldn't find one for Barclaycard on their website. American Express' offer for me is the Green card (which they've mailed me applications for it as well). TD Bank doesn't have a "pre approval" thing on their website. Citi couldn't match my records to any card and BOA also didn't provide me with any offers. Even Capital One couldn't match me to anything either. Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Chase said on their website that I was elligible for both the Slate and Freedom cards. I did the US Bank "pre qualify" thing or whatever and got approved for the "U.S. Bank Contour Card" which is not a credit card. It's a prepaid "debit" card. Couldn't find one for Barclaycard on their website. American Express' offer for me is the Green card (which they've mailed me applications for it as well). TD Bank doesn't have a "pre approval" thing on their website. Citi couldn't match my records to any card and BOA also didn't provide me with any offers. Even Capital One couldn't match me to anything either. Smiley Surprised

Sounds like you should apply for Chase only then right now if you want one of those 2 cards.

Message 5 of 13
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-s-pre-approval-link/m-p/2269163/highlight/true#...

the one for barclay is in there as well as a fairly nice description

Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

What makes it sooooo hard for you to stick to your plan and garden to March 2014 ???  It is only 3 months Smiley Surprised

+1

Message 7 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Barclaycard offered me their rewards card and recommended it. Discover has never offered a thing either
Message 8 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

+1

+2. Stay focused, stay on target.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:
Barclaycard offered me their rewards card and recommended it. Discover has never offered a thing either

recommmended is not pre-approved.

only when you get a congrats! screen would you want to consider applying.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.